News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 06:27:38 AM
Yes, that does seem like a very stupid reaction on their part. On the face of it, seems to show just how emotionally unprepared children are to be married.

Probably, but possibly also because they grew up in a culture and with a religion that is so different from ours in this aspect. Leaving your husband would be a crime against Allah and having no husband would put you in a bad spot culturally. It's not difficult to imagine this would upset you if that's all you know.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:34:07 AM
Right, okay, so when I said allow underage marriage I meant if the couple came here having been already married

Keep going  :lmfao: Insh'Allah all will work out in the end. :)

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2016, 06:42:16 AM

Yeah, keep using that smiley. Makes you look real superior.

Your solution would be separate the two, I can agree we shouldn't care much about the husband, but what would you do with the girl? And what if the girl was already pregnant?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:27:48 AM
Also, why weren't the husbands put in jail?

You have to commit a crime to be put in jail here.

Isn't pedophilia a crime in Denmark?  :hmm:

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:49:17 AM

Yes, but the age of consent is 15. :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:40:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 06:27:38 AM
Yes, that does seem like a very stupid reaction on their part. On the face of it, seems to show just how emotionally unprepared children are to be married.

Probably, but possibly also because they grew up in a culture and with a religion that is so different from ours in this aspect. Leaving your husband would be a crime against Allah and having no husband would put you in a bad spot culturally. It's not difficult to imagine this would upset you if that's all you know.

I thought we all recognised that, given that minors cannot give informed consents, the parents (and if they are unfit, the government/proper authorities) can take decisions for their benefit, even if they personally disagree. That's why we penalise pedophilia even if "the kid wanted it", for example.  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:50:50 AM

So how old were the child brides?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:49:02 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2016, 06:42:16 AM

Yeah, keep using that smiley. Makes you look real superior.

Your solution would be separate the two, I can agree we shouldn't care much about the husband, but what would you do with the girl? And what if the girl was already pregnant?

Do not separate them, send them back to their original country, it's not the husband is really Danish judging by his "values". Besides, right-winger controlled Denmark where are they going to be oppressed anyways by infidels is obviously not a solution.

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:51:30 AM
I thought we all recognised that, given that minors cannot give informed consents, the parents (and if they are unfit, the government/proper authorities) can take decisions for their benefit, even if they personally disagree. That's why we penalise pedophilia even if "the kid wanted it", for example.  :huh:

Well, the government is in trouble here that's the whole thing. On one hand it's unacceptable according to Danish law, on the other hand there is really nothing in place to take care of suicidal asylum seeking girls. We just have to accept one of these and that's what the lawmakers are discussing right now.

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 06:51:56 AM

I don't know, below 18. I'm sure there's also instances of us not knowing their age and them not saying.

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2016, 06:56:03 AM
Do not separate them, send them back to their original country, it's not the husband is really Danish judging by his "values". Besides, right-winger controlled Denmark where are they going to be oppressed anyways by infidels is obviously not a solution.

According to the law of the land that is not a possible solution.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:58:04 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2016, 06:56:03 AM

According to the law of the land that is not a possible solution.

Then change the law.

dps

Quote from: Liep on June 15, 2016, 06:57:34 AM

I don't know, below 18. I'm sure there's also instances of us not knowing their age and them not saying.

Is 18 the age at which one can legally get married in Denmark?  In most American states, you can get married at 16.  If a 17 year old American and their 16 year old spouse travelled to Denmark, could they expect the state to forcibly separate them if they're not Muslims?

Martinus

Wouldn't determining whether they are above or below the age of consent be, you know, a priority for the law enforcement?

If police busted the house of Roman Polanski, for example, and there were a bunch of teenage girls being fucked by him there, do you really think the appropriate conclusion would be for the police to withdraw saying "we, we don't know if they were below the age of consent. Many of them were not saying."

I mean, what the fuck.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on June 15, 2016, 07:00:53 AM

Is 18 the age at which one can legally get married in Denmark?  In most American states, you can get married at 16.  If a 17 year old American and their 16 year old spouse travelled to Denmark, could they expect the state to forcibly separate them if they're not Muslims?

Yeah, but that's not the point of my question - my point is that Liep seems to be unable to answer whether they were above or below the age where sex and/or marriage is allowed. Now it could be that he is simply uninformed (and strangely uninterested) in what to me would be a crucial question, but the Danish police checked this, concluded that everybody was above the relevant age, and saw this as something that is legal and thus does not warrant an intervention. It would have been way way more worrying if the Danish police did not actually check it, though, and simply concluded they can't be bothered because it's a "different culture".

But, based on the story of hundreds of rapes of little girls in the UK by Pakistani immigrants, I fear this might have indeed been the case.