News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on February 29, 2016, 08:12:27 AM
Silly Westerners. I couldn't run far enough from the Balkans and you go there voluntarily.

I'll visit Hungary too! :hug:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Silly Westerners. I couldn't run far enough from the Balkans and you go there voluntarily.

It's not as if I'm moving there, it's tourism, mate. :P Cheap beer, gorgeous girls, outgoing people, what more can one ask for?  :P

Crazy_Ivan80

We go for the scenery, not the people :p

The Larch

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 29, 2016, 11:01:45 AM
We go for the scenery, not the people :p

I actually go there for the people.  :P

celedhring

I'm angling for a gig in Bulgaria myself  :blush:

Iormlund

I might visit Hungary on business this spring, but dates are fuzzy. Probably have just one night for Budapest in any case.

Zanza

I consider to do a Eastern Europe tour in summer. ;)

Zanza

This is an unexpected development.  :P And the silly people at CNN don't know it's called Slovakia.  :rolleyes:

Valmy

Slovenians will not be putting anymore shrimps on the barbie  :(

Please tell me that is shopped.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Archy

I guess the fence contractor was Australian  :unsure:

Queequeg

Your problem.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

So Turkey wants another €3bn and visa free travel in Europe. For that they give the EU something that's vaguely and complicated.

It sounds like they'll take back refugees from Greece and then the refugees can apply from Turkey to get asylum in a EU country. I don't see how that will ever work.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

It is simple, we pay the Turks Danegeld, they do bugger all for it and then they demand more Danegeld.

Liep

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 08, 2016, 01:54:13 AM
It is simple, we pay the Turks Danegeld, they do bugger all for it and then they demand more Danegeld.

Now I understand, that's just sound entrepreneurship. :yes:

Tamas

So:

-we give a shitload of money to Turkey. Erdogan will use it to better conditions in refugee camps. Honest.
-Once Greece cleared her islands of migrants (so, only a matter of ten years or so, considering they keep arriving daily), we will ship new arrivals back to Turkey in international bundles. In return Turkey will offload as many Syrians into the EU as Syrians are in the return shipment bundle.
-Turks will get visa-free Schengen travel from June, assuming Turkey holds up their end of the bargain (which seems to be taking a lot of money and putting some level of organisation into ridding themselves of the refugee crisis)

I think the more priceless one is the last one. After June, Turkey can just threaten to give Turkish papers to all refugees and be done with the whole thing.

Could somebody explain to me how the EU could not create a giant refugee camp/shelter in Greece from that 3 billion euros?

How can they be so stupid as to agree to almost all of Turkey's demands (only thing they said no to was giving them carte blanche to carve out a part of Syria to "process" refugees), whent hose demands only increase Turkey's future leverage against them?