News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

dps

Quote from: Martinus on January 26, 2016, 04:05:24 PM
That your government takes way whatever scraps they managed to save from their lives, so it can give away its pittance and put them in refugee camps is monstrous. Wow, I thought Germany was an enlightened country. I guess the leopard doesn't change its spots, does it?

FWIW, I agree with Marti on this.

Zanza

Why should the German taxpayer pay for people that can pay for themselves?

Admiral Yi

The US makes refugees pay for their plane tickets over.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on January 26, 2016, 05:14:19 PM

Right? Cash in that cushy laptop and everything will be golden. Oh wait 350 euros / 750 euros probably won't get you very far. :(

Let alone say the horribleness of say seeking refugee and the authorities seizing anything you have that they deem of substantial enough value.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2016, 05:19:59 PM

Right? Cash in that cushy laptop and everything will be golden. Oh wait 350 euros / 750 euros probably won't get you very far. :(

Let alone say the horribleness of say seeking refugee and the authorities seizing anything you have that they deem of substantial enough value.

For danish citizens at least the seizure law only comes to effect if there's savings on the bank account of more than $1500 or individual items worth substantially more than $1500 like a car or house.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Btw, our PM said that his government's success should be measured in their ability to decrease the intake of asylum seekers and how many tax cuts they could make (this was before the crisis [oil and refugee] so they're not really very successful in either). That is why they're so desperate to scare away any potential applicants.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 26, 2016, 05:21:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2016, 05:19:59 PM

For danish citizens at least the seizure law only comes to effect if there's savings on the bank account of more than $1500 or individual items worth substantially more than $1500 like a car or house.

I could sort of understand if a refugee family showed up and said hey we are going to sell our belongings to make our on way or even, on some level, if a gov't said okay no social benefits for you if you have money/goods that you could put towards benefits....but here we are talking you have no choice, go to the camp and anything of 'significant' enough value well we are going to search you and take that from you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2016, 05:30:09 PM

I could sort of understand if a refugee family showed up and said hey we are going to sell our belongings to make our on way or even, on some level, if a gov't said okay no social benefits for you if you have money/goods that you could put towards benefits....but here we are talking you have no choice, go to the camp and anything of 'significant' enough value well we are going to search you and take that from you.

Oh I agree, the camps are basically prisons. They're very isolated and they can't even afford bus tickets for the pocket money they receive.

Tamas

To be fair though, plenty of temporary safe havens between the war zones and Denmark if they don't want to risk being robbed by Vikings

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 26, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
To be fair though, plenty of temporary safe havens between the war zones and Denmark if they don't want to risk being robbed by Vikings

Sure that's I guess one way to look at it until spreads beyond Switzerland, Germany...now Denmark and then whomever adopts the policy next.

The Brain

How can a refugee in Germany travel to Sweden? If they're in Germany without seeking asylum they're hardly refugees.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

The Brain

Most Jews had to flee Denmark in the 20th century. Many went to Sweden.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2016, 05:30:09 PM
but here we are talking you have no choice, go to the camp and anything of 'significant' enough value well we are going to search you and take that from you.
I guess they have the choice to go to another country that is more enlightened.