Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Seen at a recent protest:

"Against islamist Jew-Terror in German streets!"

Wait, what? :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2016, 10:16:39 AM

:lol:

I was waiting for some Euros to blame the latest thing on the Jews.  :P

On a more serious note - I wonder if this latest brouhaha is having any effect of Euro perceptions of Israel. Bibi must be happy (maybe the only person happy) - 'see how you like living next to 'em' style.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2016, 10:16:39 AM

:lol:

I was waiting for some Euros to blame the latest thing on the Jews.  :P

On a more serious note - I wonder if this latest brouhaha is having any effect of Euro perceptions of Israel. Bibi must be happy (maybe the only person happy) - 'see how you like living next to 'em' style.

Nah, it's mainly different groups that hate Israel and Muslims. Israel hate is really a leftist thing - right wingers hate international Jewish financists and liberal Jews from Hollywood and the like who want to destroy our precious culture, but on Israel they are at least neutral or grudgingly sympathetic (mainly because they kill Arabs).

So, no, if anything, this will only strenghten old prejudices - for the right wingers, because it is quite clear rich liberal NY Jews (Soros is being mentioned very often in this context) are the ones who are stirring up the Muslims in Middle East to destroy Europe, while at the same time emasculating European elites into letting them in - and for left wingers Israel is a clear example of Western imperialism persecuting poor, innocent Muslims.

Sorry, but you guys never get a break. :P

Martinus

That's realy the "best" part about irrational prejudices - no matter how idiosyncratic they are, people still somehow manage to hold all of them at the same time.

Solmyr

So apparently police in Cologne found paper notes with German-language instructions on what to yell during the mass sex harassment. Combined with earlier suspicions that the entire thing was organized via criminal groups and the fact that similar paper notes were found among Russian-backed Antimaidan protesters in Ukraine, I've read an opinion piece that Russian secret services may be behind the whole thing. :ph34r:

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on January 20, 2016, 12:43:04 PM
So apparently police in Cologne found paper notes with German-language instructions on what to yell during the mass sex harassment. Combined with earlier suspicions that the entire thing was organized via criminal groups and the fact that similar paper notes were found among Russian-backed Antimaidan protesters in Ukraine, I've read an opinion piece that Russian secret services may be behind the whole thing. :ph34r:

"Help! Help!"? :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 20, 2016, 06:14:27 AM
Ok, at first I thought this was the Onion article:

QuoteSwedish police will no longer be able to give descriptions of alleged criminals for fear of being seen as racist.

According to an internal letter, police in capital city Stockholm are instructed to refrain from describing suspects' race and nationality, according to news website Speisa.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

These "police are looking for" announcements will be a hoot. :D

The police are taking a beating in the "which organizations do you trust?" polls. And rightfully so (the stuff above isn't the major stuff), I don't know what the fuck they're thinking. I'd say fuck da police but that would be cultural appropriation.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Quote from: The Brain on January 20, 2016, 12:44:03 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 20, 2016, 12:43:04 PM

"Help! Help!"? :unsure:

I meant stuff for the ones doing the harassing to yell.

German-language article here, perhaps someone can tell us better what it says: http://www.ksta.de/koeln/sote-deutsch-arabischer-uebersetzungs-zettel,15187530,33480596.html

Legbiter

QuoteA Cologne imam has said the victims of the New Years Eve mob sex attacks had themselves to blame because they wore perfume.

Sami Abu-Yusuf added that he was not surprised the girls were sexually assaulted, groped and raped, because of the way they dressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408033/Muslim-cleric-says-Cologne-sex-attacks-victims-fault-wore-PERFUME.html

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Duque de Bragança

Well, Cologne is famous for its imams now. I remember hearing back then about the so-called Caliph of Cologne, another "refugee".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metin_Kaplan

QuoteMetin Kaplan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Metin Kaplan (born November 14, 1952, in the Turkish province of Erzurum) is the leader of the radical Islamist movement Kalifatsstaat ("caliphate state") which is based in Cologne, Germany.

Kalifatsstaat[edit]
Kaplan, who was prosecuted as an enemy of the state in Turkey and faced the death penalty, came to Germany in 1983 as a refugee, together with his father, Cemaleddin Kaplan (also known as Cemaleddin Hacaoglu[1]), who was a leading figure in Turkish Islamist circles in Germany. His father ran two publications: "Teblig" and "Ummet".[1]

After his father's death in 1995, Metin Kaplan became leader of the Kalifatsstaat, a movement created by his father in the 1980s.[1]

The movement's stated goal is to overthrow the government of Turkey and establish an Islamist state in the country. The movement is also known as "Union of Islamic Associations and Communities"[2] and is on Turkey's official list of terrorist organizations as "Hilafet Devleti" (literally: "caliphate state").[3][1] The self-styled "Caliph of Cologne" chose the city of Cologne as his residence. After being closely watched by the German Verfassungsschutz for several years, the movement was outlawed in 2001.[4]

At its highest point, the group claimed to have 800 to 1300 members, mostly in North Rhine-Westphalia.[1]

The movement has published a text called "The New World Order" which contains:[5]

Our goal is the control of Islam over everyday life. In other words, the Koran should become the constitution, the Islamic system of law should become the law, and Islam should become the state... Is it possible to combine Islam with democracy and the layman's system on which it is based? For this question only one answer exists, and that is a resounding "NO!"

Arrest[edit]
His rival Ibrahim Sofu was murdered in 1997. Kaplan was convicted by a German court of solicitation of murder and spent four years in jail.[6]

In May 2004, after reassurances that he would not be tortured if he was extradited to Turkey, a German court rescinded his refugee status and authorised his extradition to Turkey.[7] Shortly after the court's decision, before German police could arrest him, Kaplan disappeared from Cologne. After the court decision was temporarily suspended, Kaplan reappeared on May 31, claiming to have been sick during his disappearance.

On October 12, the Verwaltungsgericht of Cologne decided that Kaplan could be extradited despite a pending appeal to the Bundesverwaltungsgericht in Leipzig. He was arrested in an internet cafe in Cologne and brought to the Düsseldorf airport, where a chartered Lear Jet took him to Istanbul. On arrival he was immediately arrested by Turkish police and taken to prison.[8] This extradition case is unusual because governments usually refuse to extradite people to face trial for political crimes such as treason and espionage.

Kaplan's trial started on 20 December 2004. In 2005, Kaplan was convicted of attempting to overthrow the constitution and treason. He was sentenced to aggravated life imprisonment. During the trial, Kaplan was confined to the high security prison of Tekirdağ. Turkish authorities have accused him of plotting a terrorist attack against the Turkish government in 1998 and a plot to attack the Anitkabir by flying a Cessna laden with explosives into it.[6] Kaplan conceded that he believes the state of Turkey should be replaced with an Islamist state, but denies ever having planned to resort to violent means.

Liep

Denmark is criticised by UN Human Rights' Council. Over 80 countries (including Saudi Arabia) are calling Denmark xenophobic and are expressing concern over racism in our media. They all recommend that the UN investigate whether or not we're not breaking international conventions with the new asylum laws.

My guess is that our government couldn't care less. Latest suggestion from government support party Liberal Alliance is that we simply disregard the UN and deny every asylum application for at least 2 years.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on January 21, 2016, 05:00:19 AM
QuoteA Cologne imam has said the victims of the New Years Eve mob sex attacks had themselves to blame because they wore perfume.

Sami Abu-Yusuf added that he was not surprised the girls were sexually assaulted, groped and raped, because of the way they dressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408033/Muslim-cleric-says-Cologne-sex-attacks-victims-fault-wore-PERFUME.html

Well yeah you knew that was coming.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

No less surprising than some American hate preacher blaming gays for a tornado.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 19, 2016, 05:38:27 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2016, 07:31:09 PM
#frikadellegate* is trending on Twitter here. A city council ruled that all the public institutions (kindergartens, schools) in the city has to serve pork as part of their offered meals. The reason? We must not bow down to Islam. That was the only reason.

Frikadelle is a pork meatball.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/19/danish-town-says-pork-must-be-served-at-public-institutions?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

One institution is now being accused of not complying because they served turkey bacon instead of real bacon for one dish. :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on January 21, 2016, 09:37:45 AM
No less surprising than some American hate preacher blaming gays for a tornado.

Now now that is unfair. We have perfectly mainstream politicians who do that.

If this was some kind of personal attack on me for HOW DARE I JUDGE TEH ISLAM I think you may have missed your mark there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."