News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Wow. The government of Angela Merkel is behaving like that of Margaret Thatcher in its final years.

Edit: Admittedly, I see nothing in the text you quoted that the tax is in any way intended to finance helping the refugees - more like keeping them out.

Liep

They could just do what we do, take the money from the foreign aid budget!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Well, that makes mores sense than Germany's approach actually IMO.  :P

Liep

Turns out Crazy Ivan and the Duke has been right all along. The leader of the Danish Social Democratic Party admits their wrongdoings in immigration and integration politics from the 80's, 90's and 00's.

"We should have listened then to the people warning us about what was happening locally where the refugees was placed"
"We have failed the Danish people and perhaps so failed the refugees even more"
"Now we have to end the passive approach to integration"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

I gotta say my views on immigration have been evolving over the last couple of months to more sceptical, too.

Martinus

Ok, at first I thought this was the Onion article:

QuoteSwedish police will no longer be able to give descriptions of alleged criminals for fear of being seen as racist.

According to an internal letter, police in capital city Stockholm are instructed to refrain from describing suspects' race and nationality, according to news website Speisa.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

These "police are looking for" announcements will be a hoot. :D

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on January 20, 2016, 06:14:27 AM

QuoteSwedish police will no longer be able to give descriptions of alleged criminals for fear of being seen as racist.

According to an internal letter, police in capital city Stockholm are instructed to refrain from describing suspects' race and nationality, according to news website Speisa.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-to-give-descriptions-of-alleged-criminals-so-as-not-to-sound-racist-a6810311.html

Oh that's easy.

"The suspect is a bipedal, multicellular, non-arboreal being on the loose."

There, a completely PC way that's not racist, sexist or ableist. :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on January 20, 2016, 06:26:39 AM

Oh that's easy.

"The suspect is a bipedal, multicellular, non-arboreal being on the loose."

There, a completely PC way that's not racist, sexist or ableist. :thumbsup:

Incorrect. You don't know if *they* may identify as a tree.

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 20, 2016, 03:45:06 AM
The cameras would protect her.

A journalist and a documentarist was just attacked by refugees in Calais while filming, so..

Eddie Teach

Emma Watson would have a lot more cameras. And other people would be holding them.

It's not impossible she'd be attacked, but she'd be safer than most.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

The petition specifically calls for her to be without guards. And if you think tv personnel would protect her, it's laughable. The women in Cologne were in the center of a large city.

Tamas

That petition is so over the top in its wording that it is quite obviously tries to be sarcastic and in fact is looking to see Watson get into trouble in the camp.

Josquius

Maybe they're just moving onto something like IC codes?
Not "in pursuit of a Nigerian guy"  but " in pursuit of a code 5"- someone who by appearance they think is black
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on January 20, 2016, 07:23:13 AM
That petition is so over the top in its wording that it is quite obviously tries to be sarcastic and in fact is looking to see Watson get into trouble in the camp.

I have a female friend who has been a volunteer for a couple of stints in refugee camps in Greece and Macedonia and has never had any problem at all. That petition is nonsense.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on January 20, 2016, 07:23:13 AM

Ya think?