News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

The "million or so" is specious. About 1.1m refugees arrived in Germany in 2015 alone. This does not include regular immigration.

Whatever one's opinions on the matter of immigration it is incorrect to talk about "only a million".

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2016, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 14, 2016, 04:52:34 PM
It'll have to be -proverbially, but given the amount that's projected over the next few decades, literally- beaten into them. So whereas - I assume- Zanza expects a relatively bloodless affair I expect something rather worse. Of which Cologne was only the beginning.

So you're basically saying a race war is coming.
More a war of religion.

Tamas

Indeed, RH

Also: if you remember, most migrants seemed very determined about specific countries they wanted to seek refuge in. To me the only logical explanation to that is they have had contacts, family members there.

And I think this is one of the reasons t has been mostly young men migrating so far: they are the most capable to put up with the hardships, establish themselves in the host country to some degree, so their loved ones can follow them. I think the number of migrants will continue to grow significantly before it starts to dwindle, if it will at all

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2016, 07:46:02 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 14, 2016, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2016, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 14, 2016, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2016, 04:26:58 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 14, 2016, 04:22:16 PM
incidentally: north america is a nice example of mass-migration not going well for the native population.

Particularly when the migrants bring over infectious diseases that kill off 90% of you.

doesn't really change the fact that mass-migration didn't go well for those that remained.

Probably because it wasn't? The Europeans were migrating to the Spanish Empire or whatever not to the Mayan nation.
Since you accept that mass-migration in the americas didn't go well for the natives, your point is what?

That's not really "mass-migration".  The Germans didn't "Migrate" into Belgium in 1914 and 1940 only to "migrate" back after a short time.  Migration is like invasion in the same way a kiss on the cheek is like rape.
denial is not just a river in egypt it seems.

Josquius

Using the native Americans as an example for why modern immigration is bad-      :bleeding:  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:   /      :bleeding:  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:   
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2016, 06:54:53 AM
Using the native Americans as an example for why modern uncontrolled and sustained mass-immigration is bad-      :bleeding:  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:   /      :bleeding:  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

corrected that for you. The bleeding is strictly on your account.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2016, 05:22:55 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 14, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 14, 2016, 04:41:20 PM
In Sweden in the 20th century people could make fun of religion without other people trying to murder them. Now people have to tip-toe around (some major examples of) religion. That's just one example of how Swedish culture has changed, and it's a pretty negative change in my book.

or the Sharia courts in Britain. Not a positive evolution either. Especially not for women. Machteld Zee has done a nice study on it.

As a lawyer, the whole "Sharia Courts!!!" scare is something that really irritates me with its stupidity.  :yuk:

what irritates me is how the politically correct are so willing to nourish a viper in their bosom. Even more so given that sharia pisses on those liberal values the politically correct supposedly hold dear.

garbon

I don't understand why anyone wastes time talking with Crazy Ivan on this issue. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 15, 2016, 03:55:17 AM

denial is not just a river in egypt it seems.

Is the word "Military invasion" and "migration" the same word in Flemish or something?  Cause they aren't in English.  It makes you sound like an ignorant bigot as opposed to one who knows what words mean.  Keep in mind that if you are serious about your "war of religion" then it's very likely the US military will "migrate" into Belgium and shove missiles up your ass, just like we did when you jackasses decided to rid your self of the "Semites" three generations ago or you know, when the Serbs tried to get rid of the Muslims back in 1990's.  We take a real dim view of that behavior.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2016, 07:43:24 AM
I don't understand why anyone wastes time talking with Crazy Ivan on this issue. :hmm:

That was the Danish political attitude for 20 years, turns out his types do not go away by themselves, they multiply and get angrier.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2016, 07:46:04 AM
Is the word "Military invasion" and "migration" the same word in Flemish or something? 

The pilgrims didn't "invade" Massachusetts and that worked out ok for the natives. For about 30 years.

Europe already has had problems with assimilating immigrants in much smaller numbers than they've gotten over the past couple years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 15, 2016, 07:46:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2016, 07:43:24 AM

That was the Danish political attitude for 20 years, turns out his types do not go away by themselves, they multiply and get angrier.

Dialogue with him doesn't seem to accomplish anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 15, 2016, 07:37:28 AM
what irritates me is how the politically correct are so willing to nourish a viper in their bosom. Even more so given that sharia pisses on those liberal values the politically correct supposedly hold dear.

I don't really care all that much about the political soapboxing, but I'm petty enough to find it irritating when supposed academics so very clearly don't know what the fuck they are talking about in a field I happen to practice in, and use that ignorance to rile up people like yourself. In this you are the victim of sorts - your anger is being stoked by a sham.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on January 15, 2016, 09:31:06 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 15, 2016, 07:37:28 AM

I don't really care all that much about the political soapboxing, but I'm petty enough to find it irritating when supposed academics so very clearly don't know what the fuck they are talking about in a field I happen to practice in, and use that ignorance to rile up people like yourself. In this you are the victim of sorts - your anger is being stoked by a sham.

Perhaps too much credit being given to the supposed academics? I have the feeling that he seeks out any evidence to support his already existing anger. After all, his opinions aren't that far removed from his stance on language politics of the 'natives' of his own country.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2016, 09:50:00 AM
Perhaps too much credit being given to the supposed academics? I have the feeling that he seeks out any evidence to support his already existing anger. After all, his opinions aren't that far removed from his stance on language politics of the 'natives' of his own country.

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that if I was supervising an articling student and they claimed in a memo to be "confused" by the difference between an appeal and judicial review (and to attempt to make some sort of argument based on that), I'd slap them upside the head in their feedback, not publish their mistake for the whole world to laugh at.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius