News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2016, 03:45:08 AM
Apparently, Cologne's mayoress advised women to "keep strangers at arms length" and stay in close groups together.

I haven't decided if I should laugh or cry

Well that's probably a good idea while a situation is ongoing, assailants at large.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Apparently, Cologne's mayoress advised women to "keep strangers at arms length" and stay in close groups together.

I guess they really are coming for our women.

jimmy olsen

How remarkably unhelpful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/06/after-wave-of-attacks-german-mayor-warns-women-to-keep-strangers-at-arms-length/
The mayor of Cologne on Wednesday offered some poorly received advice to female residents of her city after a wave of New Year's Eve attacks that shocked Germany.

"There's always the possibility of keeping a certain distance of more than an arm's length — that is to say to make sure yourself you don't look to be too close to people who are not known to you, and to whom you don't have a trusting relationship,
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

We've already discussed this in the immigration thread, conclusion was from the right wing: it's the feminists' fault, and from the left wing: it's the patriarchy's fault.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

The rest of us have already discussed this topic in the other thread.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: Jacob on January 06, 2016, 02:48:42 PM

I guess they really are coming for our women.

Odd that Moslems would be trying to turn Europe into India.

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2016, 06:20:01 PM
We've already discussed this in the immigration thread, conclusion was from the right wing: it's the feminists' fault, and from the left wing: it's the patriarchy's fault.

And now Tim's wayward thread has been assimilated into the mainstream.

Liep

Reading about the Köln attacks is very depressing. The report of an assailant screaming "I'm a Syrian, you have to treat me nice, Merkel invited me." was a nice touch. The police was completely overworked, unable to help victims because new ones constantly came forth unable to detain attackers because of shouts of crying and people screaming for help from inside the mob made stopping attacks a priority.

Basically the mob did whatever they wanted to because of power of numbers. How a city as big as Köln failed to get this hour long attack under control is beyond comprehension.

:(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Some vicious non-migrant drug dealers they were!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2016, 06:20:01 PM
We've already discussed this in the immigration thread, conclusion was from the right wing: it's the leftists' and/or feminists' fault, and from the left wing: it's the Colonialist White Capitalist patriarchy's fault.

Fixed!  :P

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2016, 09:25:50 AM
That said, even 1000 would be just 1/10 percent of the migrants that came to Germany this year

Sorry but this kind of apologetic narrative is getting really ridiculous. There are what, 1000 times, 10,000 times, 100,000 times more native Germans in Germany than there are immigrants? But this kind of mass rape events do not happen involving native Germans, do they? If I had a friend, who stole from me only 1 out of 10 times I invite him into my home, I would not invite him - no matter the remaining 9 times out of 10. It seems bonkers to me that there is this implied conclusion that as long as it is a minority of immigrants who engage in unacceptable (yet clearly culturally influenced) behaviour, there is no problem to talk of.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on January 05, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
In lighter news, UNHCR posted an article on Germans "adopting" refugees into their homes and although the article itself is a cloying twaddle of unctious flattery of the gutmensch kind one photo is accidently rather amusing.

http://tracks.unhcr.org/2015/12/the-germans-welcoming-refugees-into-their-homes/

Languishbrahs with social skills who understand a bit of body language can enjoy the above on several levels.  :lol:

Hey, cuckolding fetish is as healthy expression of one's sexuality as any other.  :P

Syt

Following the events in Cologne, Slovakia has said that it will not accept any Muslim refugees as they can't be integrated into European society. Also, that they will give money for protection of the EU borders, but not for funds that would go into humanitarian aid for refugees.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on January 07, 2016, 04:24:23 PM
Following the events in Cologne, Slovakia has said that it will not accept any Muslim refugees as they can't be integrated into European society.

It's amazing how they are so sure of the religion of the attackers, and that the attacks prove something essential about the people of that religion  - given that, as I understand, not a one of 'em has been arrested yet, let alone convicted.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2016, 12:51:14 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2016, 09:25:50 AM
That said, even 1000 would be just 1/10 percent of the migrants that came to Germany this year

Sorry but this kind of apologetic narrative is getting really ridiculous. There are what, 1000 times, 10,000 times, 100,000 times more native Germans in Germany than there are immigrants? But this kind of mass rape events do not happen involving native Germans, do they? If I had a friend, who stole from me only 1 out of 10 times I invite him into my home, I would not invite him - no matter the remaining 9 times out of 10. It seems bonkers to me that there is this implied conclusion that as long as it is a minority of immigrants who engage in unacceptable (yet clearly culturally influenced) behaviour, there is no problem to talk of.
That wasn't my intention. Guilt is individual, not collective in Germany. We must identify and punish (by deportation) those that commit crimes. But we should not hold a heterogeneous group of a million individuals responsible for the actions of some. That's not going to solve the problem and is not compatible with our values. Rule of law must be protected at all costs and that includes assignment of individual guilt. Which makes the failure of the police operations even worse as it will be hard to assign individual guilt in a court in this case.