Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2015, 11:39:23 AM
Quote from: Grallon on December 27, 2015, 08:17:50 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 27, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

And I'd say completely the opposite. It's all those anti multiculturalist imbeciles who are the bigger threat to our way of life.

So you'd rather get on your four, ass in the air, and pray towards Mecca than admit you're delusional about the whole issue?  I'm not surprised;  Houellebecq was right about you lot.

G.
That isn't the multicultural option. The multicultural option is living your own life and doing your own thing whilst those who want to do that are free to do so.
Far more preferable to goose stepping around on neighbourhood darkie hunts, beating people who play music with foreign lyrics and eating nought but turnips and porridge and other such 100% native muck.
so basically a total fragmentation of society where every individual fragment does it's "native muck". How does it feel to be an oikophobe?

Liep

Maybe only 90% of your native muck and 10% kebab at 5am on the way home from the party.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

Seems to me that we could just print off some recipe books if we fancy more varied food  :cool:

What I find interesting is that xenophobia is dismissed by so many commentators as a reason why we should discourage immigration. Xenophobia may not be nice or enlightened, but it is also very prevalent in many groups and is not going to go away any time soon. I'm a xenophile myself so see many immigrant groups as non-problematic; the reason I'm so often on the fence when discussing Muslim immigration is that many Muslim groups seem xenophobic to me, they are not going to mix with our native xenophobes very well.

Liep

It seems to me the most xenophobic Muslims are the ones born here raised in the ghettos. The refugees kinda like us.

I'm not sure what that says about us though. :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

I think that is understandable. I'd expect a foreigner to be more tolerant of his adopted country's failings. But if you are native-born and still in a ghetto (both physical and cultural) then we can expect trouble.

Martinus

Actually in an ideal world, the model proposed by Tyr would be perfect - a strong but "small" government apparatus enforcing everybody's right to absolute freedom of lifestyle (assuming it does not attempt to limit the same rights of every other individual). This is the ideal government.

Liep

In totally unrelated news: A Danish teenager of middle eastern heritage got fired from his part time job because he had posted a note in a thread in the Facebook group "Yes to freedom, no to Islam". The post "Denmark is my country too. :)" was too much for some members who called his employer and said that he had harassed them.

FREEDOM!

Norgy

It's not like national cultures are so incredibly solid and unified anyway. We've had subcultures and local cultures for centuries.

But, even Norway, with its comparatively small percentage of immigrants has failed massively when it comes to integrating people into "normal society". That's the one with work and taking part in public life. Some groups have fared better than others, but that's mostly their own doing.
Xenophobia and anti-immigration stances seem to be more prevalent among people who feel their own position threatened by cheap labour or "unfair" perceived government handouts. Although social class and education might play a role, I won't mention it as not to call anyone an uneducated buffoon.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 link=topic=12981.msg938999#msg938999
so basically a total fragmentation of society where every individual fragment does it's "native muck". How does it feel to be an oikophobe?
Not really.
One of the advantages of our modern multi cultural society is that we are open to the world and not many people under 60 particularly care that they're eating a Chinese dish or that their football team's striker has rather a lot of melanin in his skin
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 29, 2015, 03:08:23 AM

This is hilarious coming from a guy who lives in a country inhabited by only 11 million people, who after nearly 200 years together can't even agree they form a single nation. Compared to you, Muslims integrate at a neckbreak pace.

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on December 29, 2015, 04:33:06 AM
Not really.
One of the advantages of our modern multi cultural society is that we are open to the world and not many people under 60 particularly care that they're eating a Chinese dish or that their football team's striker has rather a lot of melanin in his skin

I think, ultimately, it all boils down to ensuring you are giving people freedom of choice. I think there are people who are genuinely happy when they are given a subordinate social position - whether it is women in a Muslim culture, or cult followers in a cult of personality or people living under a paternalistic dictator. The trouble comes in separating the people who want this from people on whom it is forced - and protecting the latter from retaliation by the former if they choose to break away. And then, of course, as always you have children, who come and fuck up every ideal social concept - unless of course, you do away with the "biological parents raise their children" silliness I have always opposed. :P

Edit: For Valmy's sake, the last part is said half-jokingly - but I do think that whenever you have a relatively self-contained and working well in theory social model where freedom of choice is respected - it kinda stumbles when you get to kids. Because on one hand you don't want them to be brainwashed but on the other you have to recognize they do not get to exercise unrestricted freedom of choice until they hit at least puberty. It's quite a conundrum.

The Brain

At a Mosque in Stockholm someone had put a sign at the women's entrance (the small side entrance that they are allowed to use). It read "Women's entrance". It was gone within a day. ^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2015, 04:34:04 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 29, 2015, 03:08:23 AM

This is hilarious coming from a guy who lives in a country inhabited by only 11 million people, who after nearly 200 years together can't even agree they form a single nation. Compared to you, Muslims integrate at a neckbreak pace.

that's hilarious from a guy coming from a country where the people couldn't even agree to become Germans, Austrians or Russians. It's also hilarious given that this guy becomes more gauche-caviar depending on his distance to large amounts of immigrants.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on December 29, 2015, 04:33:06 AM
Not really.
So a footballteam and a cookbook... You know very well it's a load of bull.

Josquius

:lol:
Not really. I'm surprised you don't realise this anti multI cultural malarkey is a load of shite.
Those were just 2 examples. The point being that multi culturalism permeates every little part of our lives. Life without it, if it could be at all possible, would be rather drab.
██████
██████
██████