Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I thought I post it here.

The caption reads: "Nativity scene without Jews, Arabs and refugees."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

The Swedish government realised that its proposed law that could close down Øresundsbroen was illegal so the the bridge will stay open, however they still want public transport to check the identity of all passengers before they can enter Sweden.

R.I.P. Øresundsprojektet aka. The Scandinavian Metropolis aka. Greater Copenhagen aka. Danish Reconquest of Skåne. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

It's ridicoulous how the biggest cultural breakthrough of EU (free borders for the different people usually hating each other being able to mix and mingle) collapses on the first sight of a challenge to it.

And it's not collapsing because of intolerance: it is collapsing because the leaders are afraid to project an image of intolerance by defending the outside borders of the EU.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on December 08, 2015, 08:18:49 AM
It's ridicoulous how the biggest cultural breakthrough of EU (free borders for the different people usually hating each other being able to mix and mingle) collapses on the first sight of a challenge to it.

And it's not collapsing because of intolerance: it is collapsing because the leaders are afraid to project an image of intolerance by defending the outside borders of the EU.

I agree, it's the blatant disregard for the Dublin treaty that is now forcing Sweden to close its borders because of an overwhelming amount of asylum seekers. Attacking Orban for trying to uphold it was weak, even if Hungary's methods looked brutal, but after all the refugees was intending to (and did) break EU-law.

I don't know, but I feel bad for Sweden. With all its good intention they must now look helplessly by as tens of thousands of refugees have to sleep outside in the winter because there's simply nowhere for them to stay.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Well the Dublin treaty was part of the problem: it has been totally unrealistic to expect even Italy let alone Greece to manage an issue of this magnitude on their own, especially when none of the migrants has any inclination to stay in those countries.

What should have happened, and could still happen in time, is something Orban has started repeating to make sure it never happens I guess: EU-wide cooperation to control te migrant wave at the outside borders ie Greek border.

Duque de Bragança

Is this really surprising for Greece? Tsipras and Syriza were always in favour of unlimited immigration. Even Golden Dawn realised they could profit from the useful idiot posture of Syriza.

PS: RIP for Liep's dreams of Danish Reconquista.  :P

Tamas

BTW a correspondent of the biggest Hungarian news site was at the Macedonian-Greek border where they have stopped accepting refugees who are not actually from war-torn countries.

So thousands of Marocconians, Somalians, and a big mix of other nationalities have "piled up" under horrible conditions, as there doesn't seem to be anyone in charge of the camp that developed there.

Charities try to feed them but it is a big source of frustration and conflict as there isn't enough for everyone, and you have things like the Somalian women afraid of queuing due to the constant groping by Marocconians in the crowd, and the aid workers (understandably) refusing to hand out two meals to the husbands.

Fights are constant.

Recently the crowd snapped when a bunch of Syrians tried to get through to the border crossing. Instead of letting them through like they had done before, they blocked their way and attacked them. Some of the Syrians climbed through the barbed wire to escape.
At the end of it, the crowd dismantled the fences that served as a corridor for the border crossing and used them to block the whole crossing - declaring that if they can't cross, then nobody can. They followed to party through the night int heir jubilation over this victory.

Duque de Bragança

Moroccans should claim they are Saharawis (Western Sahara occupied by Morocco) so eligible to refugee status.  :smarty:

PS: assuming they can't pass as Syrians, which they should be able to do.

Liep

Why are Moroccans travelling all the way to Greece?

More importantly I'm ashamed I haven't heard of this, I did hear something about non-warring states not allowed, but that it was actually upheld and that camp conditions are so horrible is scary as hell. :(

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on December 04, 2015, 11:29:08 AM
My only objection to eating halal is needless animal suffering involved.

It is not like non-halal animals don't suffer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on December 08, 2015, 09:32:25 AM
Why are Moroccans travelling all the way to Greece?

More importantly I'm ashamed I haven't heard of this, I did hear something about non-warring states not allowed, but that it was actually upheld and that camp conditions are so horrible is scary as hell. :(

There's a gallery of pics the guy made:
http://index.hu/galeria/index/kulfold/2015/12/07/elet_az_idomeni_menekulttaborban_panik_agresszio_es_melankolia/

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 08, 2015, 09:43:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 04, 2015, 11:29:08 AM
My only objection to eating halal is needless animal suffering involved.

It is not like non-halal animals don't suffer.

A slit throat or a bolt to the brain.....not a great choice.

I saw sheep killed the halal way when I was in the Atlas mountains. FWIW the animal was unaware of anything untoward until the chap pulled its head back and slit its throat, it collapsed within seconds. In my opinion it suffered less than most animals in the west which are trucked to industrial scale abbatoirs; not that killing animals in your own backyard is possible for most Westerners.

Liep

I love the nonchalant attitude of the immigration minister here after she said it was the public transportation companies' responsibility to check travellers for correct passports and visas.

"If they can do it for planes why can't they for trains? It's just checking for valid passports and visas."
"But doesn't that require training?"
"I don't think so."
"Will the government reimburse the companies for extra costs?"
"I can't imagine that, look, we all have to do our part in this crisis."

Tamas

I saw my Grandma kill chickens a few times - they used to raise their own chickens, ducks, even pigs for a while (they even had cows and horses before I was born, but communism took care of making that unsustainable).

Seemed like very quick for the poor chicken: she would grab the animal, sit down with the chicken in her lap, grab the head and slice the neck with a swift (and impressively professional-looking) motion. The chicken didn't even struggle, it was just... gone.

But as RH said, the population levels we have necessitate industrial level butchering of animals. I am not particularly happy about it but I would be even less happy with seeing people starve, so there is that.