News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

QuoteAnd states that don't maintain control over their borders get wiped of the map.
Example? The only state I can think of that fits the description is East Germany. But they had to control their border to keep people in, not to keep them out.

Tamas

Rather dramatic but fitting, I guess

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

mongers

What will wider Europe going to do when migrants start freezing to death this Winter?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 23, 2015, 10:13:38 AM
What is wider Europe going to do when migrants start freezing to death this Winter?

React with outrage and then forget about it when newspapers move to another thing the next week.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 23, 2015, 10:16:48 AM
What is wider Europe going to do when migrants start freezing to death this Winter?

React with outrage and then forget about it when newspapers move to another thing the next week.

Oh I don't doubt, despite the crisis continuing and getting worse in some aspects; Lesbos is set to get 210,000 refugees/migrants this month, running at 7,000 arrivals a day, this on an island of just 80,000. The UN, aid agencies, greek government and local volunteers there are at breaking point.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on October 23, 2015, 10:16:48 AM

The refugee crisis? Is that still a thing?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Never mind the idiotic text at the end but this is what pisses me off about the "refugees". Namely they are not refugees.

They encounter the authorities in Austria, which, excuse me, is safe and civilised by any kind of standards, and this is what happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRO094TGGk

The Brain

As I have said many times I am unconvinced that abandoning the rule of law is a great move.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Also, deportations from Germany will start next week.

Expect either no deportations, or lots of scenes of angst and drama and violence.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2015, 11:41:09 AM
They encounter the authorities in Austria, which, excuse me, is safe and civilised by any kind of standards, and this is what happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRO094TGGk

Exactly. And that is what will happen everywhere. The migrants have overwhelming numbers, so they have no reason to obey any kind of law - unless true and potentially harmful physical force can be applied, they cannot be stopped.

Quote from: Tamas

Expect either no deportations, or lots of scenes of angst and drama and violence.

Apart from the fact that Germany always deported few of those that where refused aslym (they just kept in a state of limbo in Germany, getting less welfare), the child-like notion that some Germans have that many migrants will be deported is nothing but willful thought. Which is rather sad.

Think about it. Authorities come to deport migrants. What you think will happen?

a) They comply like civilized europeans, and follow the authorities to be sent back, ruining all their efforts to arrive;

or

b) They look around, realize that there are 100 of them for every security agent, so they proceed to beat the living daylights out of the officers, then move to randomly riot and loot their surroundings until their demands are met.

Quote from: mongers
What will wider Europe going to do when migrants start freezing to death this Winter?

Freezing? Why?

All they need to do is go to the nearest buildings, kick everyone out by force and take the lodgings to themselves. End of freezing.

If power is cut or food comes short, go to next place (unless it's already taken by another group).

Really, if authories are not ready to use deadly force (and if they are not and just use water and batons, they are outnumbered 50 or 100 to 1 by the migrants, 65% of which are fighting age young men, many with military training, so the outcome of any clash of that nature is obvious) then there is no stopping this wave.

This also means that all the quota system is in shambles - EU leaders argued a lot about dividing migrants bewteen themselves, but nobody asked the migrants. Who then just refuse to go to where they are alloted. Or will get out of there if they happen to be actually be sent for some reason, as they have no intention or motive to obey any rules. So the whole solution is a farce - much talk, no results.

The only thing the migrants need is critical mass. For that they require numbers, and according to the German authorities and Der Spiegel, they are getting reinforcements at a rate of 10,000 a day - so they will get the numbers they need.

By next year, they will be millions.

Either we do something, or we have to admit that the days of the Rule of Law are over in Europe.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on October 23, 2015, 09:19:16 AM
QuoteAnd states that don't maintain control over their borders get wiped of the map.
Example? The only state I can think of that fits the description is East Germany. But they had to control their border to keep people in, not to keep them out.

about every state that no longer exists.

Josquius

QuoteApart from the fact that Germany always deported few of those that where refused aslym (they just kept in a state of limbo in Germany, getting less welfare), the child-like notion that some Germans have that many migrants will be deported is nothing but willful thought. Which is rather sad.

Think about it. Authorities come to deport migrants. What you think will happen?

a) They comply like civilized europeans, and follow the authorities to be sent back, ruining all their efforts to arrive;

...sitting on a bus for 20 hours isn't much effort.

QuoteThis also means that all the quota system is in shambles - EU leaders argued a lot about dividing migrants bewteen themselves, but nobody asked the migrants. Who then just refuse to go to where they are alloted. Or will get out of there if they happen to be actually be sent for some reason, as they have no intention or motive to obey any rules. So the whole solution is a farce - much talk, no results.
Getting aid sounds like a pretty good reason to stay where they're sent.
But its null, looks like it isn't going to happen anytime soon. People are idiots.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 23, 2015, 12:47:33 PM
Quote from: Zanza on October 23, 2015, 09:19:16 AM

about every state that no longer exists.
Name just one.

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2015, 11:59:52 AM

If the early 1990s when we had the last big wave of asylum seekers (from the disintegration of Yugoslavia mainly) are an indication, deportations will be ramped up a lot. Back then we deported tens of thousands per year. Deportation is only the ultima ratio by the way. The first thing our authorities do is telling rejected asylum claimants that they need to leave. There are no good statistics on how many actually leave voluntarily, but the last time we actually counted inhabitants in Germany in 2011 we found that there was a million foreigners less than expected.

Deportations are a popular measure and rejected asylum seekers have barely any lobby. It makes sense for a politician to be tough on this.