News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

That's okay.  The NSA has provided us the Source Code and we have no problem letting other countries use it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

QuoteGangolf Jobb

:lol:

Quote"Immigration unnecessarily defers the collapse of capitalism, its final crisis,"

We should invite him to Languish.  :lol:

Valmy

How many final collapses has Capitalism had? 20? 30?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Worth a view if it'll run in your country, John Sweeney from the BBC follows the refugee trail into Europe, some interesting insights and personal stories:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06g01kf/panorama-europes-border-crisis-the-long-road
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2015, 09:16:04 PM
Worth a view if it'll run in your country, John Sweeney from the BBC follows the refugee trail into Europe, some interesting insights and personal stories:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06g01kf/panorama-europes-border-crisis-the-long-road

iPlayer is only available in the UK. Luckily a Dane has done the same, and it's free for all (in Danish though :P).

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/i-en-flygtnings-spor-rejsen-er-slut
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2015, 03:10:00 AM
John Oliver on the subject, and Days of Our Lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umqvYhb3wf4

Painful to hear Denmark mentioned in this. Usually when Denmark got airtime on the Daily Show it was because we were so happy, so green or had a silly royal family. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

The latest figure in the German press is that there might be up to 1.5 million migrants coming to Germany this year as we still get about 10,000 per day. If there is a harsh winter, there is no way we can adequately house that many people. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. There is also forming quite a bit of resistance against Merkel even in the two mainstream parties that make up our governing coalition. This will turn ugly with a couple of weeks.

Martinus

I hope Merkel prevails. Even though I do not always agree with her, she - and the Pope - are probably the only two high profile politicians in Europe right now who are trying to run politics based on ethics. Unlike, say, the British pig fucker.

The Brain

Yes Poland always profits from major European leaders being idealists.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on October 05, 2015, 02:25:40 PM
I hope Merkel prevails. Even though I do not always agree with her, she - and the Pope - are probably the only two high profile politicians in Europe right now who are trying to run politics based on ethics. Unlike, say, the British pig fucker.

You do realise that Germany and the EU are in talks with Erdogan about sponsoring the Turkish refugee camps in exchange of Erdogan preventing people from leaving Turkey, right?

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2015, 02:28:48 PM
Yes Poland always profits from major European leaders being idealists.

:lol:

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on October 05, 2015, 02:33:41 PM
You do realise that Germany and the EU are in talks with Erdogan about sponsoring the Turkish refugee camps in exchange of Erdogan preventing people from leaving Turkey, right?
The narrative is of course not to prevent them from leaving Turkey, but to make life in those camps more bearable and support Turkey in its care for the millions of refugees. I guess it is both which makes it ethically ambigous. I can understand why people prefer to come to Europe and I think that we should try to keep our basic right to asylum alive somehow. But there is no right to come here if you have found asylum elsewhere. And while I can understand and empathize with every single individual that seeks a better life, I also see that the capability of Europe (and right now that's mainly Germany and Sweden) is limited, so we cannot take everyone on economic grounds. I have less of a problem with closing down our borders if those camps in Turkey are well-funded.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on October 05, 2015, 02:25:40 PM

Apparently she's now considered for the Nobel Peace Prize.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on October 05, 2015, 02:56:05 PM
Apparently she's now considered for the Nobel Peace Prize.  :lol:

Obama should get another one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."