News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2015, 10:43:53 AM
I guess at this point my question would be what is the competent non-racist way of handling this situation.

We could start by kicking Hungary and Portugal out of the EU.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2015, 10:45:46 AM
It's a bit hard to make people "adhere to local laws" when you confine them, lie to them about where they are going and then throw loafs of bread to them for sport.

Yes.

HOWEVER, the first incident you mentioned happened after the police was unable to peacefully get control of the biggest Hungarian train station back from the migrants who, when let in, flooded the trains and disabled all traffic.

The food throwing was despicable, but started after a failure to set up a proper queue where families with children were to get preferntial treatment.

Valmy

The systems of these small and poor (ish) European countries are overwhelmed. And they have been given an impossible task. Of course horrible things are going to happen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Hungarian government's press guy was talking about the recent happenings.

The rhetoric is sickeningly populist anti-immigrant of course. Basically "we told you these are all agressive dangerous people" Despicable.

But it appears that 20 police officers have been injured in the clashes, and two migrant children were thrown over the fence to the Hungarian side. They have been taken to a hospital.

:(

mongers

Tamas, I'd have more sympathy for you position if you didn't keep posting updates all the time, it comes over has if you're trying to drum-up the crisis into something bigger.

So in a superficial way it appears similar to the out and out racists who're clogging up mainstream media with their bile, the difference being you have said some things about understanding some aspects of the migrants/refugees plights, whereas the neo-nazis elsewhere having nothing positive to say. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on September 16, 2015, 10:58:23 AM
Tamas, I'd have more sympathy for you position if you didn't keep posting updates all the time, it comes over has if you're trying to drum-up the crisis into something bigger.

So in a superficial way it appears similar to the out and out racists who're clogging up mainstream media with their bile, the difference being you have said some things about understanding some aspects of the migrants/refugees plights, whereas the neo-nazis elsewhere having nothing positive to say.

Hmmm, I see your point.

I just wanted to keep you guys updated as the Hungarian media is posting stuff.

I am not trying to drum up anything. I have a big interest in the minute details of course since that is my old country there, where all my family lives, which is in the process of getting stuck between an incompetent but vicious government and an antagonized ever-growing mass of people.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2015, 10:50:01 AM
The systems of these small and poor (ish) European countries are overwhelmed. And they have been given an impossible task. Of course horrible things are going to happen.
I don't think anyone is disputing that. It just seems like Hungary is making an effort to look as bad as possible and escalate things.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2015, 10:31:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 10:28:28 AM
And a pregnant woman in the crowd started giving birth :bleeding:

How barbaric! Surely they do not know our customs - you do not give birth, unless you are in a maternity ward - anything else is uncouth.

Well, for one who claims that most Syrian refugees we are getting are actually more likely to be upper middle class/elite they sure are very culturally distinct, and know to riot like (lumpen i.e desperate) proletariat which they are much more likely to be. Most well-off Syrians are either with the régime or fled long time ago.
But yeah, go on playing the  self-pontificating useful champagne leftist idiot, both xenophile and xenophobic, this will help all Orbans in Central and Eastern Europe.

I just don't understand the point of a lot of your (or duque's) posts, to be honest. Or rather, I understand what you want to convey between lines quite well ("the immigrants are horrible people") but to me what you describe often falls short of that and usually just showcases incompetence and racism of the European authorities, especially in the Central and Eastern Europe. If actually showcasing that is your goal then I apologise for attributing an ulterior motive to you.

Tu n'es plus Charlie? Did you miss it as well? Or is your outrage at PC crusaders and fundie muslims only available in select occasions?

11B4V

:huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Quote from: 11B4V on September 16, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

He has a point: ultimately this is around 100 rioters vs. hundreds of armed police. I just thought its interesting due to what it can escalate into, and how it very well may be the precursor of uglier things to come.

But honestly: I am just reporting what I am reading, in totally anti-government Hungarian news sources by the way.

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2015, 10:46:14 AM
I guess at this point my question would be what is the competent non-racist way of handling this situation.

We could start by kicking Hungary and Portugal out of the EU.

lol

The muslims on the Hungarian front would abhor you if they knew of your homofag existence and would sooner toss you off of a tall building than reciprocate your misplaced kindness.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martim Silva

The situation is so bad you don't even need to think of race about it.

Let's think of it this way:

Imagine that, instead of the current migrants, the ones asking for asylum are the peoples of Europe of the Middle Ages (though in much larger numbers than they were at the time).

People that, even though are like us, also are full with their violent, religious, backwards and intolerant ways, typical of their era and upbringing.

And that behind these 1-2 million are other tens of millions - if not over 100 million - of them ready to come if we welcome them and give them all house and welfare in 'Christian Solidarity'.

Just need to think of what would the only logical answer that could be given.

And mine is separation of migrants into those that really need help and those who don't, creation of processing centers at the borders of the Union, deportation of the majority of them that are just economic migrants, and try hard to make sure those that stay with us are able to accept our modern ways, kicking them if they cannot.

This simple reasoning becomes much simpler when your eyes are not muddled by the "they are not white, thus we must cave in to their every demand" mindset that the Western nations have been indoctrinated to have.

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 16, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

He has a point: ultimately this is around 100 rioters vs. hundreds of armed police. I just thought its interesting due to what it can escalate into, and how it very well may be the precursor of uglier things to come.

But honestly: I am just reporting what I am reading, in totally anti-government Hungarian news sources by the way.

Well report what your reading. Don't let someone guilt you into otherwise. It's your country.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Orban has just announced there shall be a fence along the Croatian border as well   :lol:

I mean, it only takes around 300 riot police, a water cannon, a couple of armored vehicles, and two helicopters to hold one gate on the fence, why wouldn't hundreds upon hundreds of kilometers of more fence solve the issue?!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.