News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Malicious Intent on September 16, 2015, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2015, 09:45:17 AM
Merkel should never have raised their expectations with her "we welcome you all" bs. The whole business needs proper regulation and adherence to the rule of law, otherwise a tragedy will be inevitable.

Merkel has gotten quite some flak for that from people within her own party in the last few days, especially from within the bavarian CSU (which is quite xenophobic even at the best of times).

I'd say that her flip-flopping on that point is a straightforward fail, regardless of ones position on the xenophobe/-phile spectrum.

Tamas

Some people are handing out masks for the men among the migrants and urge them to go back in front of the border crossing so that more people faces the police.

Meanwhile a few (not riot gear) Serbian police officers went into the mob and are trying to explain to them what's going on.

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: Malicious Intent on September 16, 2015, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2015, 09:45:17 AM
Merkel should never have raised their expectations with her "we welcome you all" bs. The whole business needs proper regulation and adherence to the rule of law, otherwise a tragedy will be inevitable.

Merkel has gotten quite some flak for that from people within her own party in the last few days, especially from within the bavarian CSU (which is quite xenophobic even at the best of times).

I'd say that her flip-flopping on that point is a straightforward fail, regardless of ones position on the xenophobe/-phile spectrum.

Absolutely. It was a game-changing blunder.

Tamas

There have been 3 separate fires lit by the rioters.

And a pregnant woman in the crowd started giving birth :bleeding:

What a mess

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

How barbaric! Surely they do not know our customs - you do not give birth, unless you are in a maternity ward - anything else is uncouth.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2015, 10:31:41 AM

How barbaric! Surely they do not know our customs - you do not give birth, unless you are in a maternity ward - anything else is uncouth.

Yes, that's what I mean with :bleeding: that the woman should have waited out of courtesy.

You really are annoying.

Martim Silva

Tamas

The most pathetic thing about this whole incident of course is that it may very well prove totally futile.

More and more migrants are being put on buses in Serbia and disembarked at the Croatian border. Assuming they can get through the minefields, I suspect tens of thousands will be pouring through the unguared Croatian-Hungarian border in a matter of a week.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 10:17:41 AM
Some people are handing out masks for the men among the migrants and urge them to go back in front of the border crossing so that more people faces the police.

Great, more useful idiots fanning the flames, à la "no border activist" in the Calais jungle.

Meanwhile a few (not riot gear) Serbian police officers went into the mob and are trying to explain to them what's going on.

Well, maybe they should have been that understanding with "their" Muslims in Yugo times.

Tamas

Some of the rioters probably spread the lie of the crossing being open, because a big crowd, women, children, old people joined the rioters in pushing toward the gate. Dispersed quickly once the tear gas grenades landed, of course.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 10:33:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2015, 10:31:41 AM

Yes, that's what I mean with :bleeding: that the woman should have waited out of courtesy.

You really are annoying.

I just don't understand the point of a lot of your (or duque's) posts, to be honest. Or rather, I understand what you want to convey between lines quite well ("the immigrants are horrible people") but to me what you describe often falls short of that and usually just showcases incompetence and racism of the European authorities, especially in the Central and Eastern Europe. If actually showcasing that is your goal then I apologise for attributing an ulterior motive to you.

Valmy

I guess at this point my question would be what is the competent non-racist way of handling this situation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

And you choose my post about the horrible situation of a poor woman having to give birth in the middle of a riot to point that out?

Besides you might be suffering from the usual leftist problem: you blame me for your own thoughts.

I am getting tired of writing this ever second page on this thread, but I do sympathise with the migrants because in their situation back in their home, I would be doing the exact same thing probably the exact same way.

And I also haven't made a secret of the fact that I think the EU and its nation states are primaly responsible for the interests of their own citizens. As such, an organised, disciplined acceptance and integration of these people is necessary.
And it is also necessary to make the migrants adhere to local laws because they can't begin their new life by learning that the way to achieve their goals is to throw tantrums and resist authorities.

Martinus

It's a bit hard to make people "adhere to local laws" when you confine them, lie to them about where they are going and then throw loafs of bread to them for sport.