And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on September 16, 2015, 07:45:29 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2015, 05:13:35 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/16/business/international/europe-must-plan-for-immigration-juggernaut.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

What happens after these hordes have invaded Europe and transformed it into a copy of the shitholes they escaped from?  It bears repeating that the Dark Ages was the direct consequence of a similar wave of migrants from the 5th century on...

G.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2015, 12:32:34 AM
I find it ironic that there is so much intra-European racism in this thread. The selfishness and parochialism of certain sections of the European population, plus the incompetence and shilly-shallying of their governments, is fairly small beer compared to the dreadful events and behaviour in the Middle East itself  :huh:

This. It is pretty shameful stuff all around.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2015, 07:59:01 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/16/business/international/europe-must-plan-for-immigration-juggernaut.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

What happens after these hordes have invaded Europe and transformed it into a copy of the shitholes they escaped from?  It bears repeating that the Dark Ages was the direct consequence of a similar wave of migrants from the 5th century on...

G.

:lol:

:D

mongers

G.

A broken clock is right twice a day, but would you really want to hand around for 23 hours 59 minutes and 58 seconds of tedium, in the hope that it might be very briefly correct?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

The nation states of the Dark Ages couldn't agree on refugee relocation either.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

A right wing protest was scheduled for last Saturday in Hamburg, but the courts banned it due to the high chance of violence from the invited hooligans.

Anyways, it appears one hool who had traveled with others from somewhere else in Germany by train nevertheless, took to Facebook and complained - it was the worst thing he had ever experienced: pulled out of a train against his will, put on a bus wher ethey had to wait for hours, told they'd be sent to A but were in fact sent to B, treated very unfriendly by police, and he was generally pissed off that he wasn't allowed to go where he wanted to and people didn't want him at his destination.

I hope this is not a fake, because the irony would be wonderful. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2015, 08:04:16 AM
A right wing protest was scheduled for last Saturday in Hamburg, but the courts banned it due to the high chance of violence from the invited hooligans.

Anyways, it appears one hool who had traveled with others from somewhere else in Germany by train nevertheless, took to Facebook and complained - it was the worst thing he had ever experienced: pulled out of a train against his will, put on a bus wher ethey had to wait for hours, told they'd be sent to A but were in fact sent to B, treated very unfriendly by police, and he was generally pissed off that he wasn't allowed to go where he wanted to and people didn't want him at his destination.

I hope this is not a fake, because the irony would be wonderful. :D

:lol: It has to be a troll though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on September 16, 2015, 08:02:55 AM

G.

A broken clock is right twice a day, but would you really want to hand around for 23 hours 59 minutes and 58 seconds of tedium, in the hope that it might be very briefly correct?

Mongers
You've got to choose between the continental 24-hour clock system, or the 12-hour clock system, can't have both.  :P
*fog in the Channel/Manche"

Tamas

Aaand around a hundred migrants have destroyed the gate at the main Serbian border crossing, Roszke. (which has been closed for less than 48 hours IIRC). Right now riot police is blocking the gate in a triple line. There is tear gas and all.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 08:45:52 AM
Aaand around a hundred migrants have destroyed the gate at the main Serbian border crossing, Roszke. (which has been closed for less than 48 hours IIRC). Right now riot police is blocking the gate in a triple line. There is tear gas and all.

I haven't seen people this desperate to leave Serbia since the Battle of Kolubara.

So what is the end game here? Send all these people back to Turkey?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Orban has been saying that the EU should concentrate border-protection resources in Greece.

And he is actually right about that. Look at Hungary trying to be the tough guy alone.

And Austria re-instituting border controls at Hungary and Slovenia (will be a major annoyance as tons of people live on one side and work the other).

Etc.

IF we want to control the inflow of the refugees, we should do that together, where they really enter EU territory.

Tamas

Video of how it started, I wonder if the migrants are aware of the number of policemen on the other side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrpwAEMe0c

But it is escalating right now, after tear gassing, the water cannon they had their is being used and armored riot police is lining up, while the migrants are throwing stones and other general rioting weapons.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on September 16, 2015, 09:01:22 AM
Video of how it started, I wonder if the migrants are aware of the number of policemen on the other side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrpwAEMe0c

But it is escalating right now, after tear gassing, the water cannon they had their is being used and armored riot police is lining up, while the migrants are throwing stones and other general rioting weapons.

This video speaks right to the Grallons of the world, but then who wouldn't do the same if you were trapped in no man's land without food, water or shelter?

Syt

I see a handful out of hundreds attacking the barricades.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.