Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

To prove Yi's thesis right:

A Syrian girl tries to bribe her way into Hungary with a biscuit

Another one after finally arriving in Sweden

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2015, 04:54:47 AM
And I might actually switch over to the "out of EU" British crowd the moment I have my citizenship here. :P It's incredible how a few thousand homeless people can bring several countries to their knees.

Will you claim refugee status from Orban's dictatorship then? May be not enough for the "out of EU" crowd in the UK.  :P

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 11, 2015, 06:06:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2015, 04:54:47 AM
And I might actually switch over to the "out of EU" British crowd the moment I have my citizenship here. :P It's incredible how a few thousand homeless people can bring several countries to their knees.

Will you claim refugee status from Orban's dictatorship then? May be not enough for the "out of EU" crowd in the UK.  :P

I was just joking :p but I am quite disillusioned to see all this chaos, finger-pointing, and general cluelessness already happening, when we are still at the tutorial level of this whole thing. In other words, the EU is failing it's stress test

Phillip V

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on September 11, 2015, 05:47:36 AM
To prove Yi's thesis right:

A Syrian girl tries to bribe her way into Hungary with a biscuit

Another one after finally arriving in Sweden

Man, all these Syrian young able men that he refugees are allegedly solely composed of sure look like little girls.

Valmy

Yes Yi has been joking about that, do try to keep up.

Europe is being conquered by a bunch of cute toddlers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martim Silva on September 10, 2015, 08:38:28 PM
The Syria crisis turned Turkey into the major refugee-hosting nation (with an extra 1.59 million refugees), but the very large America just said it will take some 10,000.

Awesome.

Personally I think we should take all that want to come. But I believe in open borders so nobody should listen to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 11, 2015, 05:06:35 AM
I'm certainly glad that we have the English Channel and are not members of Schengen. Immigration is over 600k a year here but it is conducted according to the law.

:bowler:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Clearly a channel works better than a river.

lustindarkness

All of this is the USA's fault, could have nuked the whole middle east years ago, this would not be happening.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: Martim Silva on September 10, 2015, 08:20:32 PM

Wow, Mr. Generous.

200,000? Really?

Germany is 28 times smaller than the US and has one quarter of the population of America, yet is expecting four times that 'giant number' of yours. This year.

To be on the same level, you should be offering shelter to 3.2 million in 2015, and expecting far greater numbers in the coming years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24583286

According to that link, there were 350,000 migrants detected at the EU borders in Jan - Aug 2015. Even if that is underreported, Germany is only expecting 800,000. There aren't 3.2 million migrants to accept.

We also have over 10 million people in the US that have migrated here illegally and if you pay attention to the republican debates even most of them are not in favor of pushing them out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on September 11, 2015, 12:10:49 AM

If only Mexicans were Christian...

Which goes a long way to why they are accepted (political grandstanding notwithstanding).

if we really wanted to troll europe, which i know we dont  :(, we should announce that we will accept all the christians from the region without exception, as they are a persecuted minority. And leave unsaid that we are leaving you guys with the muslims.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Canada should volunteered to accept 200k refugees. By the wars end only about ~50k will stay in Canada.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martim Silva on September 10, 2015, 08:20:32 PM

Wow, Mr. Generous.

200,000? Really?

Germany is 28 times smaller than the US and has one quarter of the population of America, yet is expecting four times that 'giant number' of yours. This year.

To be on the same level, you should be offering shelter to 3.2 million in 2015, and expecting far greater numbers in the coming years.

Europe has an enormous immigrant debt to the US.  Tens of millions of immigrants left Europe to the go to the US.  There are currently 40 million immigrants in the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on September 10, 2015, 08:27:42 AM
Refugees have cleared the highways and things are back to normal.

I like this picture from yesterday:

Kids are cute generally.  Not particularly surprising but it does help to remind people of that every now and then.