News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on September 09, 2015, 04:28:50 AM
Of course, when there's 200 people arriving at one time the police is struggling a bit to keep up. But I'm not sure number tagging the refugees with a permanent marker is the way to go. :hmm:

Eh, it's merely for cataloging purposes.  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

QuoteEurope does not have the duty -moral, ethical or otherwise- to accomodate a mass immigration from wherever.

Of course you all don't. Why would anyone think that of Europe.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/09/09/hungarian-photographer-trips-refugees.cnn

Jaron

Europe needs to get its act together.

What ever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" ? How ideals have lowered.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on September 09, 2015, 06:56:35 PM
What ever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" ? How ideals have lowered.

We ran out of land to take from the Indians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

They need to update the Statue of Liberty with a new inscription: "I will trip and kick a bitch."

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2015, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 09, 2015, 06:56:35 PM

We ran out of land to take from the Indians.

Russia has a lot of wild county in Siberia. Park them there and set up "communities".

Jaron

We can start with 'Black Lives Matter' !

11B4V

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 09, 2015, 01:41:08 PM
you're assuming that the family isn't already in Turkey or Lebanon.
And you're also assuming we'd send them back untrained. Might as well shoot them ourselves (though if migrants keep coming and coming and coming it might very well devolve into that). No, we collect them and train them, then send them back. With sufficient air and sea-cover (and whatever else needed) to end this farce so they can go home. But the situation as is going on now is going to lead to tears. And while they're at it they can clean out the Eurocracy too.
Europe has done its best to avoid any fighting over there.  France has surprised me by saying they would send fighting soldiers there.

But even if you say you train them, it takes resources to lodge people and train them to be an army.  And  you need to accomodate the non fighters too.  Or let them be slaughtered in your Syria/Iraq.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 09, 2015, 01:47:12 PM

I expect refugees -for that is what they claim to be- to go back when the situation is rectified. Getting these hordes of seemingly single young men trained, armed and shipped of to (help) liberate their own country (with help from the west) can only expedite that. Their women and children can in the mean-time stay safe. Europe does not have the duty -moral, ethical or otherwise- to accomodate a mass immigration from wherever.

Training and arming people can be quite expensive.  The bigger problem however is how do you ensure they behave the way you expect them to be.  Say you unleash several brigades of these trained, armed young people back in Syria.  What stops them from immediately switching sides to join ISIS?  The human instinct is to survive, and if joining ISIS offers the best chance at survival, this is what will happen.  How do you stop thousands of trained and armed people from doing whatever they want to do?

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on September 09, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
How do you stop thousands of trained and armed people from doing whatever they want to do?
You keep their families as hostage and you expel them back to Syria the moment you learn about them switching sides.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

I am reading this book now.

http://smile.amazon.com/Invasion-Europe-Barbarians-J-Bury/dp/0393003884/

"The classic study of the Roman Empire's gradual collapse in the face of barbarian migrations. The barbarians were a scattered assortment of peoples, from the migratory Huns of Central Asia to the Franks of Gaul to the Goths and Vandals of the Germanic forest. Rather than regarding Rome as a foe, many barbarians viewed the Empire as a great institution, one in which their people had a natural place."

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on September 09, 2015, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 09, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
How do you stop thousands of trained and armed people from doing whatever they want to do?
You keep their families as hostage and you expel them back to Syria the moment you learn about them switching sides.

I have a hard time seeing EU governments actually harming the "hostages", especially women and children.  That's a bluff that everybody can see through.  There'll be immense political consequences for those governments that actually carry out these threats. 

And not everybody has family.