And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on September 07, 2015, 06:30:50 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 07, 2015, 06:29:19 AM
Danish police is not as persistent as Hungary's and now they've just let the migrants go. Currently they're walking in the shoulder on E47 towards Copenhagen and finally Malmö.

Yeah. So Denmark is breaking EU law.

For once I agree with Legbiter. This could be the end of Schengen.

Okay, so they haven't given up. They decided they couldn't detain the migrants at the hotel and so let them walk towards Copenhagen. But they're closely guarded by police forces and even if they are shouting "Malmö! Malmö!" the plan is to register all of them and send them to asylum camps in Denmark.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Interestingly all the migrants say that the worst part of the journey was crossing the water from Turkey to Greece and then the Danish police. There have been no problems in Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Austria or Germany.

:huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on September 07, 2015, 06:39:56 AM
Interestingly all the migrants say that the worst part of the journey was crossing the water from Turkey to Greece and then the Danish police. There have been no problems in Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Austria or Germany.

:huh:

In Hungary they say the worst was Hungary so I guess the worst is wherever people try to have them keep local laws?

Legbiter

Well that's official then. Send them to Mutti.

QuoteChancellor Angela Merkel has said the "breathtaking" flow of migrants into Germany will "occupy and change" the country in the coming years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34173720
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Danish PM has talked to Merkel and agreed to also open the borders for Syrian refugees.

Legbiter

And Finland's PM has offered his summer cottage to Syrian refugees.

The European elite has lost it's mind.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on September 07, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

In parts yes, but still Merkel's approach IF EARNEST and not a farce like last couple of weeks, is the only viable solution.

I mean, with a migration wave this desperate and big, you have two options: make a proper effort of integrating them so they don't wreck you, or you try to kill them all. I don't mind going with option one.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on September 07, 2015, 02:05:56 AM
An ad placed in Libyan newspapers detailing the new governments harsh cut to welfare for asylum seekers.

It was Lebanon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34173542

Syt

Germany has been running similar ads in Kosovo.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on September 07, 2015, 09:24:52 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 07, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

In parts yes, but still Merkel's approach IF EARNEST and not a farce like last couple of weeks, is the only viable solution.

I mean, with a migration wave this desperate and big, you have two options: make a proper effort of integrating them so they don't wreck you, or you try to kill them all. I don't mind going with option one.

You could also do the "tough love" approach the Aussies have with regards to stopping the boat people, that is process all asylum claims offshore and automatically deny everyone who tries to bypass the process.

It would be better than Merkel going all Denethor on Europe.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLpPAz0tz98

Liep

There was a large gathering of people at the central station waiting for the refugee train. They had welcome signs and had made lunch for several hundred people.

Only problem was that the Danish police had held the train back because they wanted to register all the refugees on board. It was 4 hours delayed and the group dispersed. :P

Martinus

I am going to a "Welcome, Refugees" gathering on Saturday.   :bowler:

Legbiter

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

All those millions of refugees trying to get to Poland appreciate it Marty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2015, 10:51:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

All those millions of refugees trying to get to Poland appreciate it Marty.

:lol:

srsly is there a more out of the way country for the Middle East - Germany road than Poland?