News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

When did migrants turn all walking deady and start moving in hordes?
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2015, 06:17:33 AM
Maybe they are indeed zombies and figured out that there are no brains to be had in Hungary..?   :hmm:

Maximus

Possibly when they started migrating.

Legbiter

:lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

barkdreg

The crisis has started to affect me personnaly: had to remove some people on facebook, thei rcomments about the refugees are too ignorant/cruel.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: barkdreg on September 05, 2015, 04:55:09 PM
The crisis has started to affect me personnaly: had to remove some people on facebook, thei rcomments about the refugees are too ignorant/cruel.

Think of it as a blessing in disguise, a litmus test to show just how caustic their personalities are.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

175 refugees arrived in Rødby by ferry from Germany and the right wing is going nuts and shouting about closing the borders. Most likely they'll eventually evade the police and go to Sweden.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Liep on September 06, 2015, 01:10:20 PM
Most likely they'll eventually evade the police and go to Sweden.

Mission accomplished. :)
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

The Brain

Tamas

Austria is now, after a weekend of accepting Hungary dumping migrants on their side of the border, talking about how they just helped solve an emergency and things must go back to legal ways.
they pretend they don't know the genie is out of the bottle and non-cooperation has been clearly shown for the migrants as the way to go.

BTW, wanted to link a not so sympathetic video of the protester migrants on the Bicske station train on Friday, while the police wanted to help them out with water. But Facebook has removed it since. And I don't see why: you were seeing a bunch of obviously desperate, aggressive young men picking up the mineral water bottle packages the police officers just put down for them, and throwing at the police etc. while the officers themselves made sure to keep out of their way and make no threatening movement or to respond.

And I don't get this: maybe the rules of having to register refugees in their entrance-country to the EU is wrong. But still, presently that is the law. They are asking for the protection of the EU, and start by totally ignoring its laws? The same laws they know will protect them? I cannot sympathize with that.

Speaking of which, there is this jpg I have seen, in response of the German criticisms for how Hungary is handling migrants:

"Number of refugee shelters set ablaze. Progressive, civilised Germany - racist fascist Hungary"

It misses the point of course, since in Germany the state at least tries, while in Hungary there is nothing but chaos, but it does have a point: EU countries can hardly point fingers at each other in this thing.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on September 06, 2015, 02:19:37 PM
And I don't get this: maybe the rules of having to register refugees in their entrance-country to the EU is wrong. But still, presently that is the law. They are asking for the protection of the EU, and start by totally ignoring its laws? The same laws they know will protect them? I cannot sympathize with that.

Personally I think that discarding the Rule of Law is a bad idea, especially if you want to protect the weaker members of society.

Martinus

Quote from: barkdreg on September 05, 2015, 04:55:09 PM

Fortunately, I am not friends with anyone like that.

Josquius

Read an interesting theory today that blamed the Syria situation on global warming.
This is: the first of the 21st century climate change massed people movements?
██████
██████
██████