And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 07:47:00 AM

but immigration controls seem so 20th century and out of touch with the nature of the globalized economy and society. It will all break down eventually, let's just get it over with and let nature take its course.

Really Valmy, I didn't know you for such naive angelism...  Allowing hordes of 3rd worlders to roam wherever they will is the surest way to destabilize and impoverish what's left of the West.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on September 03, 2015, 08:29:28 AM
Really Valmy, I didn't know you for such naive angelism...  Allowing hordes of 3rd worlders to roam wherever they will is the surest way to destabilize and impoverish what's left of the West.

Well the problem is they flooded Texas and everything is fine. Better than fine, it is why this place is going to be a prosperous and important place for decades to come (well presuming climate change doesn't completely fuck us) So it is hard for me to get too freaked out about it. At the end of the day I cannot help but feel we could have spared ourselves a lot of time and money just by letting them all in to begin with, they pretty much all got in anyway.

Granted the vast majority of our people are Catholics from the country just over that way who share a lot of cultural characteristics. But still our nativists were constantly worried we would all be speaking Spanish and crap. The Mexican and Latino tide is ebbing and nothing of the sort ever happened.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 08:33:27 AM
Quote from: Grallon on September 03, 2015, 08:29:28 AM

Well the problem is they flooded Texas and everything is fine. Better than fine, it is why this place is going to be a prosperous and important place for decades to come (well presuming climate change doesn't completely fuck us) So it is hard for me to get too freaked out about it. At the end of the day I cannot help but feel we could have spared ourselves a lot of time and money just by letting them all in to begin with, they pretty much all got in anyway.

Granted the vast majority of our people are Catholics from the country just over that way who share a lot of cultural characteristics. But still our nativists were constantly worried we would all be speaking Spanish and crap. The Mexican and Latino tide is ebbing and nothing of the sort ever happened.

I would be subscribing to your idea if we didn' have all these modern welfare state things going on. Because of those, you need to be quite sure that your extra incoming population starts being productive and self-reliant on a very short time frame otherwise they might become a burden that makes you unelectable.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2015, 09:05:05 AM
I would be subscribing to your idea if we didn' have all these modern welfare state things going on. Because of those, you need to be quite sure that your extra incoming population starts being productive and self-reliant on a very short time frame otherwise they might become a burden that makes you unelectable.

True Euro-style welfare states probably could not survive mass immigration. Which is why it is kind of funny the left is so in favor of it. Grallon seems to get that part.

I figured you would see this as a feature and not a bug  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

After this train that lured migrants onto it with the promise of the western border and in fact stopping them at a refugee camp, another train did more or less the same with a smaller group, but stopping further west close to another camp.

The first group has been, AFAIK, put on buses after much issues and drama. The second, much smaller group departed the train in peace but has been refusing to leave the tiny train station they are at. Police is paralyzed right now as they -I guess- don't want to start manhandling a bunch of families.

Monoriu

My wife saw the press conference hosted by the Hungarian president, whom she had not seen before.  She quickly concluded that he is a moron  :unsure:

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2015, 09:05:05 AM

True Euro-style welfare states probably could not survive mass immigration. Which is why it is kind of funny the left is so in favor of it. Grallon seems to get that part.

I figured you would see this as a feature and not a bug  :P

Europe will implode and collapse before truly liberal states return.

Tamas

Quote from: Monoriu on September 03, 2015, 09:08:53 AM
My wife saw the press conference hosted by the Hungarian president, whom she had not seen before.  She quickly concluded that he is a moron  :unsure:

You are wrong. He is the Prime Minister

Monoriu

Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2015, 09:09:32 AM

Oh well.  She told me he was the "president". 

Tamas

Quote from: Monoriu on September 03, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

I wanted to make a joke that I did not correct you on the moron part :P

Monoriu

Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2015, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 03, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

I wanted to make a joke that I did not correct you on the moron part :P

I got that part  :lol:

Tamas

Actually I was wrong. First Fooled Trainload people are still there and in some kind of stalled situation with the police.

BTW, Janos Lazar, Orban's right-hand man told the press today that the "let them in, close them out, let them in, close them out" game in the previous few days at the big train station was because Germany "phoned them" (the government) and asked them to let through a few hundred unregistered Syrians without any publicity, but then changed their minds.

I am not sure which is worse: if he is lying, or if he is telling the truth. On general principle though, he generally lies.

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on September 03, 2015, 01:36:33 AM

A three year old Syrian boy drowned when trying to cross from Turkey to Greece. :cry:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34133210

He's going to become the "Cecil the Lion" of the syrian refugee crisis.

Yes, you can use my analogy freely.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

I noticed in 'Merkel is the new King of Ethiopia' article it mentioned the 'heartlessness of Arab leaders'.

Any particular reason they treat other Arab refugees and migrants so bad? I know the Palestinians get treated like shit as well when they try to leave Israel/Palestine.