News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

In the last couple of days two more houses that were planned to house refugees have mysteriously burned down in Germany.

Meanwhile, on a train in Berlin, two very drunk neonazis (both in their 30s, and well known to police) picked on a South East European looking woman with her two kids aged 5 and 15. They insulted her, then one of them opened his fly and started to piss on the kids. Both thugs got arrested after other passengers called the police. They were released from custody in the meantime but will face charges.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

It's really disappointing and shameful that we have assholes like that in our society. :(

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on August 25, 2015, 03:26:43 AM
It's really disappointing and shameful that we have assholes like that in our society. :(

It's not like Austria is much better, at least when it comes to the maturity of the public debate: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/boulevardmedien-in-oesterreich-pakt-mit-den-rechtspopulisten-1.2619283

(Fortunately not as many attacks against refugees - though you could argue it's not necessary, because that's covered by local mayors who block attempts to move refugees in their towns and cities.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Meanwhile Hungary is starting to get around 2000 migrants a day. Needless to say the temporary barbed wire thingie slows them down for about a minute on average, and channels them into the railroads where there is no fence.

The permanent 3 meters fence is only partially ready but already it has been cut at least one place  :lol:

Liep

Making a bed inside the rails seems like a profoundly stupid idea. Are there no trains running across the border any more?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Looking at the rust on the tracks I'd say it's an unused or rarely used line.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: Syt on August 25, 2015, 03:49:50 AM

Sure, but that's not really a safe enough way to judge level of use, especially if you plan to sleep there. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

You can see a train on one of the pictures.

But as you can see there are police cars on all of the pics, these were taken when a group was being administered by the police.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2015, 03:58:03 AM
You can see a train on one of the pictures.

:blush: I have languish open in a small window and I didn't notice the scroll bar.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Liep on August 25, 2015, 03:53:25 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 25, 2015, 03:49:50 AM

Sure, but that's not really a safe enough way to judge level of use, especially if you plan to sleep there. :P

The train is respecting the Member's Only jacket.

Tamas

In Hungary there has bee no real violence yet, I am convinced its only a matter of time. State TV and radio news shows are constantly working up fear about the migrants. Fidesz politicians are talking about "ever more agressive and demanding" migrants where as in fact in a span of 3-4 months there has been only two cases of violence: once two migrants started fighting, the other was a mini-riot in one of the camps during Ramadan.

And this is infuriating because this IS a complex and huge issue, that is bound to get bigger in scale and harder to manage, and indeed there is a middle ground between killing them all and letting them all in without any expectations from them.

But this will be absolutely impossible to handle when at the mere beginning they are working the entire country into a hysteria. And it is working very well. Which is understandable, I don't think Hungary was ever very welcoming to alien cultures, I mean, we have had our minority language spread and rule the country over the centuries, we have assimilated countless Slavs and Germans and an entire nation of Cumans. You don't do that by letting them do their own thing ;)

So anyways, you heard it here first: things will get very nasty in Hungary. Its just a matter of time.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on August 25, 2015, 04:44:09 AM

So anyways, you heard it here first: things will get very nasty in Hungary. Its just a matter of time.

it will get nasty all over. The politicians do not have a mandate to take in endless streams of refugees and migrants.

Liep

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 25, 2015, 07:03:41 AM

it will get nasty all over. The politicians do not have a mandate to take in endless streams of refugees and migrants.

If you don't like your politicians you should vote differently.

Liep

Two Danish radio journalists went undercover as members from Sverigedemokraterne and handed out flyers in Malmö. After a while a group gathered around them shouting that they were racists and nazis and after 45 minutes they had to leave after being threatened.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Liep on August 25, 2015, 07:13:08 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 25, 2015, 07:03:41 AM

If you don't like your politicians you should vote differently.

and how does that contradict the fact that currently elected politicians don't have a mandate to let in endless amounts of people?