Columbia student carrying mattress until school expels her rapist

Started by garbon, September 24, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

I don't know if this chick is HOTT or not, and frankly, no matter how good-looking she is, I have no desire to watch her sex tape. 

If she was actually raped, this is just profoundly sad and messed up, and I want no part of it.

If she wasn't actually raped, she's detestable, because making false accusations of rape (or any other crime, for that matter) is pretty damn evil.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on June 06, 2015, 07:46:01 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/06/05/mattress-girl-emma-sulkowicz-just-released-a-sex-tape-heres-my-review/

QuoteAnd, just as her mattress fiasco damaged the real victims of rape by making it harder for women everywhere to report crimes and be believed, so too does this narcissistic sociopath's latest pseudo-intellectual endeavour make life worse for other women.

Bullshit. That is completely nonsensical. If people were virtuous there would be no need for justice in the first place. The very assumptions that underlay our society is that some people are bad people. How could the assumptions that we created our whole society for being rational damage that society in some way? It is assumed and expected some women will be vile. It is also understood most women are not. Weird that a right wing site would spout this kind of Rousseauian nonsense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I'm surprised to learn somebody other than Raz reads that site.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2015, 12:01:19 PM

Bullshit. That is completely nonsensical. If people were virtuous there would be no need for justice in the first place. The very assumptions that underlay our society is that some people are bad people. How could the assumptions that we created our whole society for being rational damage that society in some way? It is assumed and expected some women will be vile. It is also understood most women are not. Weird that a right wing site would spout this kind of Rousseauian nonsense.

I didn't look at it that deeply. I just figured the harm was that the more people claim it falsely, the more likely the real ones will not be believed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 06, 2015, 01:12:10 PM
I didn't look at it that deeply. I just figured the harm was that the more people claim it falsely, the more likely the real ones will not be believed.

We expect a certain percentage to falsely report. Otherwise we would just lock up everybody accused.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Kleves

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2015, 01:15:55 PM
We expect a certain percentage to falsely report. Otherwise we would just lock up everybody accused.
I think the fear is that high-profile cases of false reporting will make people think that percentage is higher that it really is, with the result that actual victims face additional skepticism.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017