Started by Syt, June 03, 2015, 05:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2015, 07:08:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2015, 06:52:14 AM
I thought his stroller cost $2000?

Canadian

Heh.

Remember that one brief shining moment when you guys could talk smack about the exchange rate?

Ed Anger

I formed my kids into Cohorts, thus negating the need for strollers.

I Legio No Birth Controlica
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 03, 2015, 07:14:50 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 03, 2015, 07:08:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2015, 06:52:14 AM
I thought his stroller cost $2000?

Canadian

Heh.

Remember that one brief shining moment when you guys could talk smack about the exchange rate?

It was glorious.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I was curious what the loonie started out at vs. the greenback, so I wikied, and was surprised to learn that it is the 5th most held reserve currency, after the US dollar, the euro, the pound, and the yen.  Very surprised it's ahead of the Swiss franc.

As to the original question, AFAICT it started at 1.10 Canadian to 1 US dollar.

Norgy

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 03, 2015, 09:15:15 PM
I formed my kids into Cohorts, thus negating the need for strollers.

I Legio No Birth Controlica

^_^

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 03, 2015, 09:44:27 PM
I was curious what the loonie started out at vs. the greenback, so I wikied, and was surprised to learn that it is the 5th most held reserve currency, after the US dollar, the euro, the pound, and the yen.  Very surprised it's ahead of the Swiss franc.

As to the original question, AFAICT it started at 1.10 Canadian to 1 US dollar.

That is a bit surprising.  But thinking about it, it makes some sense.  Canada is the 11th largest economy in the world.  But the ten countries above it are either already ahead on your list (US, UK, Japan), are in the Euro (Germany, France, Italy), or are lesser-developed or much riskier countries (China, India, Brazil, Russia).

Switzerland's economy is less than half that of Canada, and in any event is still quite bound up in the overall European economy.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

On the other hand I believe the Swiss franc has held its value better than any other currency since its creation.

PRC

We bought a Mountain Buggy.  $700, reliable, durable, would buy it again if I had to.  Only problem with it is that it doesn't store small.