News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Slovenian Politics

Started by derspiess, May 21, 2015, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Weirdest drunkness was on Serbian plum moonshine. Everyone who drank from it did something stupid/weird/crazy that night.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 02:04:09 PM
I still have some rainbow trout in the freezer from my fishing trip in April  :Canuck:

The best fish there is, in my opinion.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 02:32:35 PM
Weirdest drunkness was on Serbian plum moonshine. Everyone who drank from it did something stupid/weird/crazy that night.

Do tell.  :ph34r:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Sacrifice your selfish desires for the greater good. :ph34r:

Norgy

My girlfriend, who imbibed quite a bit more than me, thought it was a great idea to swim naked and have sex on the beach.

That poor fellow who was out fishing probably just got his eyesight back.

Duque de Bragança

Rakija/ракија is actually plum brandy. The one I tasted was not that great, but far from the worst spirit I drank. I tasted better after having a few other glasses of some other alcoholic drink
Not necessarily moonshine though, there seems to be some legit production, I even saw it on sale in Paris.

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 02:36:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 02:04:09 PM
I still have some rainbow trout in the freezer from my fishing trip in April  :Canuck:

The best fish there is, in my opinion.

A couple of them are "Golden Rainbow Trout", which are a mutated species first bred in West Virginia fish hatcheries a few decades ago.  They are harder to catch.  But taste the same :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Rainbow trout is common in mountain lakes here. In the lowlands, there's mostly just bass and fish that's not fit to eat under any circumstance. I should probably add that's freshwater. The seas outside our coast are fairly clean when Chinese or Russian ships aren't capsizing.

If you like trout fishing, you would probably love the movies a couple of my friends have made. PM me if you want to know more, Spicey.

Syt

I hear for Salmon fishing you want to go to Yemen.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

For salmon fishing you probably want to be royal and have your own river.

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 03:23:26 PM
Rainbow trout is common in mountain lakes here. In the lowlands, there's mostly just bass and fish that's not fit to eat under any circumstance. I should probably add that's freshwater. The seas outside our coast are fairly clean when Chinese or Russian ships aren't capsizing.

If you like trout fishing, you would probably love the movies a couple of my friends have made. PM me if you want to know more, Spicey.

Yep, shoot me a message.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

You can get good beer at the Ljubljana farmers' market booths.

They generally have their two popular national pivos: Union and Lasko. Essentially Bud and Coors.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers