News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Slovenian Politics

Started by derspiess, May 21, 2015, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Hopefully to keep us from veering off into Slovenian politics other threads, I thought maybe we should have a single thread for all those discussions.

I know it's been nearly a year since the last parliamentary elections, but to me it seems that the governing coalition of Miro Cerar's Stranka Modernega Centra party, the Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia, and Social Democrats is in trouble. 

Miro Cerar has just not fulfilled his campaign promise of a change of political culture and more "respect for fellow men".  Some say he just needs more time, but my question is: when is he going to start??

What do you guys think?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I think this may spell Fico's return to power.

Valmy

I think it hardly matters which major party is in power in Slovenia, both are pretty centrist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:07:48 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2015, 11:06:07 AM
:thumbsdown:

What? I thought this was your South Slavic country?

I have always been one with the people of FYROM.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Slovenia is like barely a Slavic country per my understanding.  More Western than the rest of former Yugoslavia, and the chicks look like Italians. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Hitler offered to let them become Germans in WWII but they said no.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2015, 11:32:21 AM
Slovenia is like barely a Slavic country per my understanding.  More Western than the rest of former Yugoslavia, and the chicks look like Italians. :hmm:

They make Italian babes look ugly.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Admiral Yi

Laibach and Thinkovinglund.

Josquius

I think I missed a joke somewhere
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Where did this come from? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

My guess?  Typical Languish thread mockery of Mart's "Polish Politics" thread.