MERS outbreak in S. Korea! 9 dead, 108 cases, 2892 under quarantine!

Started by jimmy olsen, June 01, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Number of new cases jumped from 14 on Saturday to 23 on Sunday! :o

A sixth death :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33038795
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on June 03, 2015, 09:25:58 PM
What do Koreans expect the doctor to do? I guess reassure them that they are hypochondriacs and gladly take their money for doing nothing.

The result is overcrowding and a system where family does much of the care.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/world/asia/amid-mers-outbreak-readers-reflect-on-south-korean-hospitals.html?_r=0&referrer=

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Mers hits the UK :o

QuoteManchester Royal Infirmary A&E unit closed over virus outbreak

Manchester Royal Infirmary has shut its A&E unit after a suspected Middle East Respiratory Syndrome outbreak.

It confirmed the emergency department was closed temporarily while two patients are investigated for the condition.

A hospital spokesman said: "Both patients have been isolated for ongoing clinical treatment and management of their condition."

He said there was "no significant risk to public health".

Manchester Royal Infirmary's A&E department "will be closed until further notice while further investigations take place," the spokesman added.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers) is passed to people in close contact and is similar to the Sars virus.

The first Mers fatality was recorded in June 2012 in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-33675356