MERS outbreak in S. Korea! 9 dead, 108 cases, 2892 under quarantine!

Started by jimmy olsen, June 01, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2015, 06:50:21 AM
What will you be doing if there are no students? :hmm:
Preparing for Monday's class and the Summer English Camp.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

On the subject of flu-like symptoms- should you cover up when shivering or try to head off the fever directly?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Perhaps you should see a doctor Wiggins? :unsure:

Meanwhile, in Korea,  another 5 cases have been diagnosed, bringing the total number to 35.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0OJ2Y420150603?irpc=932
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2015, 06:08:38 PM

Do you see a doctor every time you get the sniffles? :unsure:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2015, 07:01:21 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2015, 06:08:38 PM

Do you see a doctor every time you get the sniffles? :unsure:
Flu like symptoms along with a fever intense enough to give you the shivers doesn't sound like the sniffles to me. :unsure:

That is the standard Korean response however. Westeners are constantly astounded at what minor conditions will prompt a trip to the doctor here.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

I think this is a golden opportunity to visit Seoul.  Presumably the airfare and hotel prices should drop.  The risk is insignificant, but the cost has been reduced due to irrational fear.

Fate

What do Koreans expect the doctor to do? I guess reassure them that they are hypochondriacs and gladly take their money for doing nothing.

Those symptoms are from a virus. There are no therapies for non-influenza upper respiratory viruses. If it were flu season, it might be worthwhile to visit to obtain Tamiflu to shorten disease course. Otherwise, you're better off staying home and take aspirin/ibuprofen/naproxen to make yourself feel better.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on June 03, 2015, 09:25:58 PM
What do Koreans expect the doctor to do? I guess reassure them that they are hypochondriacs and gladly take their money for doing nothing.

Those symptoms are from a virus. There are no therapies for non-influenza upper respiratory viruses. If it were flu season, it might be worthwhile to visit to obtain Tamiflu to shorten disease course. Otherwise, you're better off staying home and take aspirin/ibuprofen/naproxen to make yourself feel better.
I don't know. Give them vitamin shots (palcebo effect ahoy!) and inappropriate antibotic regimes I assume.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Fate on June 03, 2015, 09:25:58 PM

These are people who think that leaving a fan on in a room you are sleeping in can kill you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2015, 07:55:06 PM
These are people who think that leaving a fan on in a room you are sleeping in can kill you.

It can. Fan falls from ceiling, hits you on head.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

I love that Tim finally got his very own deadly plague so he doesn't need to dig up obscure articles on Ebola in Africa. :hug:

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point