News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Liep, June 01, 2015, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Maybe it's marking the time?

People that don't disable windows sound are weird.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

If you use a M$ account, it's integrated with your e-mail.  Could be a sound for everytime you got mail, even in the spam folder?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

After I upgraded, it wouldn't let me adjust my screen resolution- but that just needed a restart. However, when I clicked on my Civ4 shortcut nothing happened. (Did this several times). Already annoyed by the screen resolution thing, I went ahead and reverted back to the old Windows.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on September 01, 2015, 09:15:18 AM
If you use a M$ account, it's integrated with your e-mail.  Could be a sound for everytime you got mail, even in the spam folder?

I don't use a M$ account, but have the mail app synched to my other email accounts (gmail, etc.). that might be it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

I bought a new wifi printer, and cannot seem to get it to work with Windows 10. Rather annoying.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Warspite

"M$"? What is this, 1996?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

My download keeps failing.
Meh.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2015, 03:22:15 AM
My download keeps failing.
Meh.

If the download keeps failing, follow the wuauclt instructions.  That's what was going on with mine.
Experience bij!

Pedrito

First, my pc did never suggest me to upgrade.
Then, when I decide to manually start the upgrade, the installation stops around 51% and remains there all night.
I force the reboot, and it reverts the installation back to the original Win7, and the upgrade suggestion vanishes.
thanks but no thanks, I'll remain with my perfectly satisfying Win7.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Pedrito on September 11, 2015, 10:42:32 AM
First, my pc did never suggest me to upgrade.
Then, when I decide to manually start the upgrade, the installation stops around 51% and remains there all night.
I force the reboot, and it reverts the installation back to the original Win7, and the upgrade suggestion vanishes.
thanks but no thanks, I'll remain with my perfectly satisfying Win7.

L.

If it never prompted you to reserve the upgrade, it might be because you have one of the currently-incompatible systems.  Sorry to hear it was giving you so much trouble- hope they extend the free upgrade offer with all the systems needing brand new drivers rolled out before they can upgrade.
Experience bij!

Josquius

So...how many people have upgraded?
I am curious but...I've been hearing quite a lot of bad stuff. My download finally worked so I am able to upgrade if I want :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

As of a month ago it was on 75 million machines: http://fortune.com/2015/08/26/windows-10-installs/

It's working fine for me at home and work, although our KMS servers don't like it or something, so it still isn't activated here at work.  I don't seem to be losing functionality though, so whatevs. 

E:  My wife says it has shortened the battery life on her laptop by a bit vs Win 8.1 and  I've personally seen oddities with a Surface 3 (it would run down the battery in an hour-ish, even when it was supposed to be sleeping.  this may have been related to the image we used on it though, instead of Win 10 itself), so that might be a thing with some laptops/laptop type things. 

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on September 21, 2015, 03:16:35 PM
I am curious but...I've been hearing quite a lot of bad stuff. My download finally worked so I am able to upgrade if I want :ph34r:

Havent had any issues.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

I've upgraded two of my computers.  Well make it 3.  My step mother upgraded the laptop without asking me first, so I had to reinstall her games on the laptop.  Anyway, the HTPC is fine now, and my assistant's computer upgraded smoothly, no hiccups, no needed drivers afterward (except AMD drivers)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Upgrade. The only difference I've really noticed is how much faster 10 is.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk