FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges

Started by Barrister, May 27, 2015, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

What on earth does that mean? They certainly are no longer a power when it comes to winning athletic events  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2015, 11:04:32 AM
I really wonder if it would make the slightest difference if he called a press conference and announced "I am the mastermind behind all the corruption! And I enjoyed doing it! Any you can't stop me from doing it again - Muahahaha!"  :hmm:

FIFA has basically done that on multiple occasions already.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

TASS: The fact the sun rises every day shows Russia has authority to influence astrophysics.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Minsky Moment

Actually just about everything in the tass story is accurate except the words "respected" and "reputable."
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2015, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 09:03:07 AM
I wish there were more Soviet era movies with English subtitles.  I hear they made some halfway decent war flicks.

Have you seen Come and See?

Nope, but I think I've heard of it.  Will seek it out, thanks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

New elections on extraordinary conference, he won't stand.

Liep

"I'm now free from the constraint of an election. I will now be able to implement new reforms"

Liep

He's playing the innocent card: "I've wanted many reforms, but have been blocked from doing it"

Duque de Bragança

Platini blocked him from implementing reforms I bet.  :lol:

Liep

I bet the sponsors told him that he leaves or they leave.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2015, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 02, 2015, 09:03:07 AM
I wish there were more Soviet era movies with English subtitles.  I hear they made some halfway decent war flicks.

Have you seen Come and See?

Nope, but I think I've heard of it.  Will seek it out, thanks.

At this point I will presume no one clicked the IMDB link to the exact same movie I posted, before anyone else. <_<

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.