News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish Politics

Started by Martinus, May 21, 2015, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, according to the latest poll it's 48% for Duda and 44% for Komorowski. :bleeding:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 21, 2015, 11:06:05 AM
So, according to the latest poll it's 48% for Duda and 44% for Komorowski. :bleeding:

Well Marty you survived one bought of PiS(s) government. You can survive another.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:08:51 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 21, 2015, 11:06:05 AM

Well Marty you survived one bought of PiS(s) government. You can survive another.

The problem is that I don't think they will give up so easily this time. Last time, after 2 years, when their coalition split up, they gambled by calling a snap election and hoping to win a single party majority. This gamble did not pay off and they were ousted from power. Now, after 8 years they are much more pissed off and much less likely to do it again. Plus back in 2005 we did not have a war at our borders. During their 4 years in power they can really do a lot of harm now.

Valmy

In what way would their foreign policies be different? I guess I figured this was one place where Poland had a solid consensus on. I mean I guess PiS(s) does have disturbing anti-western rhetoric but does it really mean they see Putin as the model like Turkey and Hungary do?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:16:34 AM
In what way would their foreign policies be different? I guess I figured this was one place where Poland had a solid consensus on. I mean I guess PiS(s) does have disturbing anti-western rhetoric but does it really mean they see Putin as the model like Turkey and Hungary do?

They would be as isolationist as Turkey and Hungary AND even more hostile than the current government towards Putin. You can imagine how well it may end.

Admiral Yi

What do you mean by isolationist?

Valmy

So they see Putin as both model and mortal foe. How post-modern.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2015, 11:31:31 AM

I presume finding the nationalist 'Polish Way' and rejecting the corrupt decadence of the West.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:41:21 AM

I presume finding the nationalist 'Polish Way' and rejecting the corrupt decadence of the West.

Yup.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:40:50 AM
So they see Putin as both model and mortal foe. How post-modern.

Can they partition Ukraine with him? :tinfoil:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 11:41:21 AM

ah: so alone, poor and backwards

Martinus

So, we have a new President. Great.

Tonitrus

Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss?

Martinus

The new Polish President with the First Lady as compared to Mr and Mrs Underwood.

Eddie Teach

Uncanny!

Cause those are such odd outfit choices for a political couple...  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?