And we're back!

Main Menu

How to Join the 1%

Started by Monoriu, May 21, 2015, 04:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 09:03:08 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2015, 09:01:42 AM
I am a financial systems admin.  I run my company's financial ERP from which we do all of our accounting and finance work.

Fascinating. So do you consider yourself in league with the axis of Dguller-Dorsey or merely an associate power?
In league with.  I spend pretty much all day working with accountants.  Sometimes I even have to educate them on how to create a balanced journal entry. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

The average worth of residents the town I live in has gone down significantly since they arrested the Hatton Garden burglars, half of whom lived here  :blush:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Brazen on May 21, 2015, 09:13:42 AM
The average worth of residents the town I live in has gone down significantly since they arrested the Hatton Garden burglars, half of whom lived here  :blush:

They look like a bunch of old-school London villains, almost a shame they got caught  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2015, 09:05:02 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 09:03:08 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2015, 09:01:42 AM
I am a financial systems admin.  I run my company's financial ERP from which we do all of our accounting and finance work.

Fascinating. So do you consider yourself in league with the axis of Dguller-Dorsey or merely an associate power?
In league with.  I spend pretty much all day working with accountants.  Sometimes I even have to educate them on how to create a balanced journal entry. :bleeding:

Accountants are educated stupid sometimes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Oh you people are talking about money no one gives a shit about. I thought it was the true 1% that matters and serves their country. Silly me. I have no idea or care if I fall in that 1%.  :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 09:01:53 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 21, 2015, 08:59:59 AM
2.8% here, but lose the kids and it goes up to 0.8%.................intuitively that just doesn't seem right  :hmm:

I mean if you look at our budget before and after kids the only big deal is the daycare and that is going to go away soon. Hardly a soul crushing burden.

Do you not need money to feed, clothe, etc. for your children?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2015, 09:22:29 AM

I don't really pay much to do those things. Both being boys and wearing the same size it is pretty easy to clothe them. Third world slave labor makes it dirt cheap anyway.

They are 2 and 4 and don't eat much, and even what they do is not exactly gourmet dining.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

2.8% here, but lose the kids and it goes up to 0.8%.................intuitively that just doesn't seem right  :hmm:

Why not?  You just became twice as wealthy per capita.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 21, 2015, 09:16:03 AM
Quote from: Brazen on May 21, 2015, 09:13:42 AM

They look like a bunch of old-school London villains, almost a shame they got caught  :(
I was going to judge the plumber by which school he went to, but he was brought up in Dublin. I'm pretty sure I can identify the pub in which the caper was planned by triangulating their addresses*, all of which are within walking distance of home.

*Crown and Horseshoes is my best guess.

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 09:25:17 AM
I don't really pay much to do those things. Both being boys and wearing the same size it is pretty easy to clothe them. Third world slave labor makes it dirt cheap anyway.

They are 2 and 4 and don't eat much, and even what they do is not exactly gourmet dining.

Yeah, for us daycare is probably 95% of the expense.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2015, 09:26:27 AM

Why not?  You just became twice as wealthy per capita.

Maybe.........on the other hand the main reason we make the money is because we have children, used to be dropouts back in the day (well I guess I still am but with shares)  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2015, 09:25:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2015, 09:22:29 AM

Well presumably the costs won't remain minimal throughout their childhood. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 21, 2015, 09:19:02 AM
Oh you people are talking about money no one gives a shit about. I thought it was the true 1% that matters and serves their country. Silly me. I have no idea or care if I fall in that 1%.  :P

I serve my country.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 21, 2015, 06:24:11 AM
It is really hard to get data on income (on a worldwide basis), but here is a neat calculator to play with :

https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-involved/how-rich-am-i

QuoteYou are in the richest 0.1% of the world's population.

Your income is more than 175.9 times the global average.

:hmm: They seem like they just want me to donate to their charity.