News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chicago Languish Meet Memorial Day 2015

Started by Scipio, May 17, 2015, 02:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

So i will be in Chicago from Friday May 22 through Memorial Day (which is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary). Passing through St. Louis on the 21st. I wish to engage in beer tourism, and may plan an excursion out to Three Floyds for Saturday, May 23 (not, I know, in Chicago).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

I'd love to, but I'm working that weekend.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

I'm in Chicago all the time on business but unfortunately I think I will be there earlier that week, but leaving before Friday. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Caliga

If you've never had it before try Root Beer Beer.  I've had it at a few places up there including Untitled and State and Lake (inside theWit).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Put ketchup on your hot dogs. Make sure they see you doing it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2015, 07:03:57 PM
Put ketchup on your hot dogs. Make sure they see you doing it.

Son. I do this shit all the time. Freaks the plebes the fuck out.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

do it assholes
you can split my tab with Scip.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

dps

Not enough notice, dude.  I already have my vacation scheduled for the following week (was going to go to Columbus for Origins, but decided on the beach instead).

derspiess

Short notice but there's a small chance I could do the Three Floyds thing Saturday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

We're both going to be out of state (two different states) for the weekend. However, if you stopped in Champaign Thursday or say Monday-Tuesday we could probably meet up at a brewery or two.

derspiess

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 17, 2015, 03:04:45 PM
Unfortunately away on the 21st. As for beer tourism in STL, check out:

http://www.thecivillife.com/
http://urbanchestnut.com/home/
http://schlafly.com/

Schlafly has some beers in their taproom/brewpub that tend to be more interesting than their production beers.  Food is only about as good as it has to be.

I did not make it to Urban Chestnut last time I was in St. Louis but I've heard good things about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall