News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Monkeybutt/Ed Anger's appreciation thread

Started by Grallon, June 21, 2009, 03:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

His last intervention in the "Happy Father's Day" cracked me up so much I though it was time to open a thread to declare my appreciation of his irreverent and caustic humor.  Way to go Butt mine :thumbsup:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Fuck Ohio State.

Andy Katzenmoyer is a pillowbiter.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ed Anger

derspiess

Speaking of OSU, though I'm not necessarily a Buckeyes fan, I had a weak moment a while ago & bought Tommy a shirt that's essentially a replica Ohio State jersey with Archie Griffin's number.

He may end up going there, who knows.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 22, 2009, 09:34:24 AM
Speaking of OSU, though I'm not necessarily a Buckeyes fan, I had a weak moment a while ago & bought Tommy a shirt that's essentially a replica Ohio State jersey with Archie Griffin's number.

He may ending going there, who knows.

~ 9K a year. Not a bad deal. And he should worship at the altar of Brutus. Brutus demands the blood of your first born.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 22, 2009, 09:34:24 AM

He may end up going there, who knows.

What?  You are not going to work to get him to attend West Virginia?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2009, 10:03:32 AM
What?  You are not going to work to get him to attend West Virginia?

I don't want to pay out of state tuition to WVU (though he would get in-state tuition if he majored in something like Wildlife Management :D ).  But if he were offered a football scholarship and the program will have recovered by then from the current retarded coach, I'd push him towards WVU ;)

One of the reasons I settled in Ohio is the number of decent in-state schools.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 22, 2009, 11:08:32 AM

The heart of it all. Hang on Sloopy.

I found Ohio University to be a bit too weird when I was taking my goddaughter around to these schools. A little too hippie to me.

Maybe in 18 years they will be normal and have a good football team.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2009, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 22, 2009, 11:08:32 AM

The heart of it all. Hang on Sloopy.

I found Ohio University to be a bit too weird when I was taking my goddaughter around to these schools. A little too hippie to me.

Maybe in 18 years they will be normal and have a good football team.

There will be seventeen more bars along the strip in Athens, and they'll find a way to put grain alcohol into aerosol form and spray it into the air as you walk down the street. Everyone will be hammered. Always. The only competitive sport in Athens is the Playboy Party School of the Year competition. Down with Chico State!!!!!111
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

We have a coworker from Ohio. She married a Turkey-born Austrian and they recently moved here. She's a horrific annoyance, because she keeps trying to organize all kinds of social events (pot luck lunches, soccer for women, farewell parties for colleagues leaving etc.) and spams everyone with elaborate, overlong emails about this. I expect that she'll be a bit frustrated in a few months.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.