News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Adventures in Employement!

Started by Razgovory, May 16, 2015, 04:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I mentioned this a few times in the OT thread, but I thought I would create a thread about this on it's own.  Raz is looking into getting job.  I'm going through a state program called "Vocational rehab" that helps people who are mentally unsound to find jobs.  I've had a few meeting with these people, and I'm finally getting the ball rolling on this thing.  I had a nice meeting on Friday where they flattered me by calling me intelligent and well spoken.  They were not even perturbed when I told the jellyfish monster crawling out of the air duct to fuck off.  This will be updated periodically as my adventures in employment continue!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

That's great Raz.  Best of luck to you.

How many hours a week are you looking to start at?

Razgovory

I'm going to do part time for now so I can keep medical benefits.  I also get some disability money (about 450 a month).  I have a student debt of around 6 grand and I'd like to pay it off and possibly go back to school.  Ideally a job would resocialize me so that I can get full employment in the future.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2015, 04:44:22 PM
So, like 20 hours or so?

Yeah, something like that.  I'm not sure yet.  It depends on the the placing agency thinks is best.  There is a state program called "supported employement", that works this out.  The agencies that works actually puts me in a job have been privatized.  The organization I'll work with is called the MORE group.  They have me try out jobs, see how well I work out in one.  They also check up on me every once in a while.  Business that that hire people like me get a tax credit from the state.  So they have an incentive to hire less then ideal employees.

Tamas

Monoriu

An increase in the languish GDP  :thumbsup:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2015, 04:30:46 PM
They were not even perturbed when I told the jellyfish monster crawling out of the air duct to fuck off.

Did you tell it to fuck off out loud or just in your head?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I wasn't cool with that part.  The jellyfish monster didn't do anything to deserve that treatment.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2015, 07:30:39 PM
I wasn't cool with that part.  The jellyfish monster didn't do anything to deserve that treatment.

That guy is always bothering me.  He wasn't invited to the meeting, they had locks on the doors, which is probably why he was trying to get in through the vents.  Goddamn invertebrates.

lustindarkness

Just do what Marlin and Dori did, jump on the jelly's head.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

celedhring