The Cities You Never Forget - Travelling Involved

Started by Norgy, May 13, 2015, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

I recomend visiting Palestine.
It is a beautiful place, if you don't mind the hateful, racist, homophobic, capitalist pigs, israelis next door.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Norgy

I wouldn't mind visiting Israel, Siege. You're assigning me opinions I don't have.

Norgy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 13, 2015, 03:43:18 PM
Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2015, 10:04:52 AMNext trip is to Ljubljana, Slovenia, though. International Festival FTW.

You will like it. I'd move there if I could.

You have to do your best to ignore the Mordor-like Trg Republike sitting in the middle of a city that would otherwise look like Florence.

You might get a PM asking for tips before I go.

I have a few other places on my list.
Istanbul
Berlin
New York
Wherever PDH is living

Barrister

Another city that I could never forget, and hell it inspired me to move near it for awhile, was Dawson City, Yukon.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2015, 04:11:56 PM
I wouldn't mind visiting Israel, Siege. You're assigning me opinions I don't have.

I don't think he was necessarily trying to imply anything about you. Today he's made posts questioning his hyper-capitalist schtick and advocating for gay sex.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 13, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2015, 04:11:56 PM

I don't think he was necessarily trying to imply anything about you. Today he's made posts questioning his hyper-capitalist schtick and advocating for gay sex.  :hmm:

He is experimenting.  Soon we will discover his new shtick.

Norgy

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2015, 04:21:07 PM
Another city that I could never forget, and hell it inspired me to move near it for awhile, was Dawson City, Yukon.   :cool:

I can imagine.
I have a couple of friends who have signed contracts and moved to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen. It looks a blend of horrifying and amazing.

lustindarkness

A few places from my travels pop in my head every once in a while. Not sure there is a city or place that comes to mind more often than others.
But I do find interesting how some of these memories just show up. If I see a flower garden the Christchurch botanical gardens come to mind. Busy city? NYC memories. Older city? Rome, or sometimes San Juan comes to mind. Cold? Korea or Antarctica. Music has a way of transporting you to where you heard the song first too.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 13, 2015, 05:47:15 PM
A few places from my travels pop in my head every once in a while. Not sure there is a city or place that comes to mind more often than others.
But I do find interesting how some of these memories just show up. If I see a flower garden the Christchurch botanical gardens come to mind. Busy city? NYC memories. Older city? Rome, or sometimes San Juan comes to mind. Cold? Korea or Antarctica. Music has a way of transporting you to where you heard the song first too.
When were you in Korea?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 06:48:00 PM
When were you in Korea?

March 2013, I have posted about this before, including in some Korea thread of yours at the time I was getting ready to go there.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 13, 2015, 08:13:30 PM
When were you in Korea?

March 2013, I have posted about this before, including in some Korea thread of yours at the time I was getting ready to go there.
Why didn't we meet!? :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 08:48:40 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 13, 2015, 08:13:30 PM
When were you in Korea?

Why didn't we meet!? :o
I was working in the south port of Gwangyang something or other, in a military exercise, no time or transportation. You were farther north.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi