Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Warspite on June 03, 2015, 12:21:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2015, 11:44:24 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:16:17 AM
Gonna say the trailer has left me a bit cold. It's still Fallout so I'm gonna get it no matter what, but the trailer has nothing distinctive on it bar the USS Constellation with rocket engines strapped on.

That can be a bit of an issue for Fallout.  The world they created is so distinctive, but it's hard to go and do much different with it now that it has been created.

I would like to see a Fallout game set outside the US. They could do a lot with that.

A couple DLC's  would be good.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Norgy

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 12:00:15 PM
I'm sure TES has similar stuff.

TES V is probably the most heavily modded game there is. Skyrim without mods is still a good game, but the mods add to the replayability and longevity.

There's a lot of software that helps you run mods, just like with FO.

I'd run FO IV on PC if only for the graphics enhancements that are bound to be released.

Norgy

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 12:25:36 PM
London, Paris, Berlin, Hong Kong, Tokyo ...

Fallout: Norway.

Snow. And more snow. And the occasional elk.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

I was about to say: picture Norway reduced to a desolate wasteland...oh wait.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

:lol:

I should probably be offended. But it's true.

Syt

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

There was a German comedy skit in the 80s, a travel report about Norway, saying among other things that for every Norwegian there's 75 elks, 90 groundhogs and 100 block houses, and that the country was ruled by a social-liberal ground hog-block house coalition.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

It wasn't completely off. Except that the right wing had a majority in groundhog/elk politics those days.

We loved to build up under the national stereotype back then too.
The mascot for the 1982 World Cup on skis in Oslo? An elk.

In my lifetime, Norway's probably experienced the quickest and most drastic increase in urbanisation and economic growth. The last one happened in throughout the 19th century.

From being a country on par with Portugal around 1945, we are now one of the richest countries in the world per capita. And one of the least friendly.

derspiess

Elk is a fine meal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 01:08:09 PM
From being a country on par with Portugal around 1945, we are now one of the richest countries in the world per capita. And one of the least friendly.

Eh it is not like you were any friendlier in 1945
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

I guess the word I should have used was humble.

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 11:53:17 AM
I don't get that. You're an affluent tech-savvy guy.

I'm not that affluent.  In any case I'm a cheapskate when it comes to PC components. 

QuoteSome games are meant for consoles, some for PC. This one is meant for PC.

I know it's heresy for you guys, but I prefer Fallout on a console to Fallout on a PC.  I prefer to sit back on the couch and play it on the big screen.  I hear the mods are awesome and whatnot but I've never seen one that really appealed to me much.

QuoteAnd it's not like you need the best hardware ever to run most games at better settings than you can on a console.

Maybe I've just had bad luck with it, then.  Buying a game and having it run like crap until I upgrade this or that is a major annoyance.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2015, 11:16:17 AM
nothing distinctive on it bar the USS Constellation with rocket engines strapped on.

This was the only thing about the trailer that didn't thrill me. 

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2015, 01:55:14 PM
I'm not that affluent.  In any case I'm a cheapskate when it comes to PC components. 

Funny. I consider consoles way over priced and their games way overpriced. I use a PC because I am cheap.

QuoteI know it's heresy for you guys, but I prefer Fallout on a console to Fallout on a PC.  I prefer to sit back on the couch and play it on the big screen.

I would be able to sit there playing for about five minutes before my kids would be demanding it be switched to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :P

But if you know it is heresy why did you voluntarily throw yourself in front of the tribunal like this?

Barrister

Maybe I've just had bad luck with it, then.  Buying a game and having it run like crap until I upgrade this or that is a major annoyance.

Things have changed in the last 15 years or so.  You no longer need to keep upgrading everything every 2-3 years in order to play the most recent games.

My 7 year old rig (which was mid-high range at the time) can still play everything I throw at it with at least medium graphic settings.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 11:53:17 AM
I don't get that. You're an affluent tech-savvy guy.

QuoteSome games are meant for consoles, some for PC. This one is meant for PC.

I know it's heresy for you guys, but I prefer Fallout on a console to Fallout on a PC.  I prefer to sit back on the couch and play it on the big screen.  I hear the mods are awesome and whatnot but I've never seen one that really appealed to me much.

QuoteAnd it's not like you need the best hardware ever to run most games at better settings than you can on a console.

If you're ever in Norway, I'll invite you for a meal and a run at some games on my rig. Which, I guess, is a bit expensive. But you'd be welcome. Just to see how different it can be. :)