News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bernie Sanders for Pharoah

Started by Ideologue, May 07, 2015, 08:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2015, 09:00:31 PM
He wasn't listed in the inserts of his Blu Ray's.

I don't get it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on May 07, 2015, 08:18:42 PM
Poor drafting on my part.  What do you anarcho-capitalists think about Sanders?

He's a fruitcake, but I'm glad he's running.  I wouldn't vote for him, but would be pretty content with things if he won.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Maybe he should win.  That might be interesting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2015, 09:05:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2015, 09:00:31 PM
He wasn't listed in the inserts of his Blu Ray's.

I don't get it.
He spends 95% of his free time watching movies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2015, 09:31:49 PM
Maybe he should win.  That might be interesting.
He could win New Hampshire I think. If someone other than Clinton wins Iowa the election will be wide open.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

I'm a fan of Bernie.  I'm also considering throwing a few bucks his way.  I would have loved to see Hillary not run and have all of the effort put forth by Republicans the past 8 years wasted in their smear campaigns.  Alas, she is and she is apparently trying her damnedest to add even more ammunition to her opponents stockpile.  I'm hoping for an outsider to sneak in and win the Democratic nomination.  As much as I love Bernie, I'm not sure he's electable by the masses.  A shame really. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

KRonn

I like some of what Bernie says and how he can shake things up, but too much I don't like as  he's too much in favor of more big government. But I like his too big to fail stuff and some other hot issues. "if an institution is too big to fail, it is too big to exist."  If he means what he says, and in Bernie's case he probably does, then I'm glad he's in the race at least to stir things up and bring up these issues. As for a President I don't see him getting very far yet, but with only Hillary in the race so far with her issues, the race may widen rather suddenly for the Dems.

Valmy

He is just going to force the Democrats to be more radical in the primary and weaken them in the general. The Republicans should like this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

What's the deal with pharoah? American Pharoah won the Derby and now this?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Ide, any particular reason you chose the word Pharoah instead of Caesar or the myriad other authoritarian terms you could have used?

Edit: WTF, beaten by 22 seconds.  <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

He should have used Czar. We have had more of those than Russia had by this point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 08, 2015, 08:36:13 AM
Ide, any particular reason you chose the word Pharoah instead of Caesar or the myriad other authoritarian terms you could have used?

I thought he would look festive in the hat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 08, 2015, 08:36:13 AM

82 :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 08, 2015, 11:40:32 AM
WTF is a "pharoah"?

It is a member of the ruling dynasty of ancient Egypt.