News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Slight Conundrum

Started by Admiral Yi, May 05, 2015, 06:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Monoriu on May 05, 2015, 10:18:23 PM
I want to help Yi save money, so I say be consistent and not give anything.

Agree.  My peripheral relatives never gave me graduation gifts, and I graduated from three whole schools.  Fuck 'em.  It's the State's business to care for them.  Just vote for higher taxes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Why did you not give anything to the Brother? Why do you want to give money to the sister?

Home Schooled :x deserve NOTHING.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Actually, the home schooled probably need more given their disadvantages.  Agree on the :x part.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2015, 07:57:48 AM
Why did you not give anything to the Brother? Why do you want to give money to the sister?

It think it has to do with the fact that he didn't do the whole apply to college and get accepted thing.  Instead he just sort of ran away from home.  So he could go gay it up.

In my mind I've always thought of HS graduation cash as cash for college.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:10:58 AMIn my mind I've always thought of HS graduation cash as cash for college.

for some, attending college essentially amounts to running away from home to go gay it up.

i'd take the embarrassment (which prob won't be embarrassing because the kid is getting free money) and give to both.

Admiral Yi

Going with the make up. :sleep:

dps

Quote from: LaCroix on May 06, 2015, 08:13:08 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:10:58 AMIn my mind I've always thought of HS graduation cash as cash for college.

for some, attending college essentially amounts to running away from home to go gay it up.

Even leaving out the gay part, for some folks going away to college amounts to a respectable way to run away from home.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2015, 08:10:58 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2015, 07:57:48 AM

It think it has to do with the fact that he didn't do the whole apply to college and get accepted thing.  Instead he just sort of ran away from home.  So he could go gay it up.

In my mind I've always thought of HS graduation cash as cash for college.

I think that is a material part of the story. I don't see anything wrong with giving a graduation gift/something for college to one relative and nothing to another that isn't going to advance his life in the immediate future.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014