UN aid worker suspended for leaking report on child abuse by French troops

Started by jimmy olsen, April 30, 2015, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2015, 12:12:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2015, 10:40:41 AM
Je connaissais Charlie; je travaillais avec Charlie.  Je vous assures que vous n'êtes pas Charlie.

How do you spell potatoe in French?

Fixed!

Patate(s)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Je connaisais Charlie; je travailais avec Charlie.  Je vous assures que vous n'etes pas Charlie.

Potateau.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 01, 2015, 06:02:39 PM
Je connaisais Charlie; je travailais avec Charlie.  Je vous assures que vous n'etes pas Charlie.

Pommee dee terree

I think there's a town in Missouri named that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 02, 2015, 03:10:00 AM
Je connaissais Charlie; je travaillais avec Charlie.  Je vous assures que vous n'êtes pas Charlie.

Fixed!

Patate(s)
You have to add an 'e' to turn it into a Quayleism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2015, 11:47:49 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 01, 2015, 11:35:23 AM
two ll's for travaillais and connaissais, otherwise, pretty good :)

15/20?
16/20, at least ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2015, 07:32:56 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 02, 2015, 07:30:04 PM
What's the reference to?  :unsure:

Lloyd Bentsen's ass raping of Dan Quayle.
I got that from the potatoe reference,  but I  didn't really look closely at the French until now. Can't believe I missed that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Neil on May 02, 2015, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 02, 2015, 03:10:00 AM

Fixed!

Patate(s)
You have to add an 'e' to turn it into a Quayleism.

I know, but it would not work in French this way. Patate is seldom used in the singular in French.