News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen of Languish (ACTS/CB)

Started by Solmyr, April 28, 2015, 06:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Berkut

England: Play Card as Operations
#9: 1 / Fire Ships [COMBAT]
Gain 2 extra dice in a naval combat. Increase this number to 4 extra dice if attacking an enemy fleet in a port space or if fighting against the Spanish Armada.

Message from England:
Send Drake to GC
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Taking bids on an Untimely Death. Looks like the options are Alva, Leicester, or Zrinyi. If nothing interests me I'll roll a die.

Tamas

I suggest you look at the VP counts and hurt who is ahead. Zrinyi, objectively, is the worst choice

Berkut

I will give you a card with Taxis in return for letting me pick the target.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

I suggest you also take a look at who still has cards and can rake in more VPs this turn. And who has been your friend in this game.

And I'll give you a treasure next turn if it's not targeted at Spain.

Maximus

Leicester takes the bullet.

I assault Rouen. Currently I count 6 French to 5 Huguenot dice. Will wait for response.

sbr

Maximus

2-1 losses. Seige continues.

1 influence to papacy

Tamas is up

Tamas

#26: 2 / Il Piccolo Soccorso
Add 1 regular to the garrison of a fortified space currently under siege with 3 or fewer units in the garrison. Space may be controlled by any power (even an Independent); regular added is from the power controlling the space.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Place 1 Protestant regular to Rouen

Solmyr

sbr

#84: 2 / Henry III (Anjou) [MANDATORY]
Charles IX dies. Henry III (Henry of Anjou) replaces Charles as ruler of France; place this card in the ruler space of the French power card. If Charles IX is still in the Young Royals pool or in an unresolved marriage, remove him from the game and dissolve any such marriage. Admin Rating: Save 1 card. Card Bonus: 1 extra card.

Message from Protestants:
2/2 Preach Sermon in Netherlands

Flipped Utrecht.

--I moved the Henry Card to France's Power card but I don't really know what to do with the marriage part so if someone else could do that that would be great.

Habbaku

You get to flip two spaces, not one.  Canceling unrest with a 6 merely moves the 6 down to a 5 (a minor conversion) rather than ignoring it altogether.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Since Charles IX dies, his card and counter are out of game and Anna of Austria goes back to unmarried royals.

EDIT: And someone should move Leicester (leader and royal card) out of game too.