And we're back!

Main Menu

Iran Fires on US Freighter

Started by Syt, April 28, 2015, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2015, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
Huh. Why? Tensions between us seemed at a low point.

Probably related to the navy intercepting that arms shipment to the Houthis in Yemen.

Seeb, Alci, see you guys later.

I could only wish I had an opportunity to take a shot at them. Or twenty.

You won't believe how proudly these iranian operatives move along the middle east exporting mischieve everywhere.
Being an iranian is like a badge of honor in those social circles.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

How do you know so much about Muslim social circles? :shifty:  :osama:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

I figure this is likely Iran flexing some muscle over the conflict of shipping getting into Yemen, using an easy target like a Marshall's Islands flagged ship. This incident isn't much but it could mean more as a show of force.

Admiral Yi

Hopefully this all ends quickly with the entire crew fitted out in brand new ugly suits.

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 28, 2015, 12:43:53 PM
How do you know so much about Muslim social circles? :shifty:  :osama:

I understand their culture.
Where I come from, you cannot throw a hand grenade without hitting a muslim.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

And he literally tried it several times.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on April 28, 2015, 12:32:04 PM
Bullies man, I tell you.

... Humiliation is the only language they understand. Muslim have a tendency to believe their own retoric, as the history of EVERY single muslim country shows.

Sorta like Jewish states, then? 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I don't know. Judea got humiliated plenty but they never took it to heart.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2015, 01:52:00 PM
I don't know. Judea got humiliated plenty but they never took it to heart.

They understood it, which was the point.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Looks like they tried something similar to a ship flying an American flag, but broke off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2015, 11:10:12 AM
  I wonder if this is another of those Revolutionary Guard provocations, unsought by the government.

That would be my first guess too.  Suspicious timing.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson