News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iran Fires on US Freighter

Started by Syt, April 28, 2015, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

... says ORF.at, quoting a al Arabiya; couldn't find an English language source yet.

Supposedly Iranian vessel fired at a US freighter in the Gulf and boarded it, and brought it (and 34 sailors) to the Iranian port of Bandar Abbas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Huh. Why? Tensions between us seemed at a low point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
Huh. Why? Tensions between us seemed at a low point.

Probably related to the navy intercepting that arms shipment to the Houthis in Yemen.

Seeb, Alci, see you guys later.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2015, 10:23:09 AM
Probably related to the navy intercepting that arms shipment to the Houthis in Yemen.

Seeb, Alci, see you guys later.

Maybe this will cheer Seedy up enough to return to the forum.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

this would be a weird development, given that the US has not (insofar as i know) actually stopped any Iranian ships, let alone captured them.  That would change in a war, of course.  I wonder if this is another of those Revolutionary Guard provocations, unsought by the government.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

I'm going to wait for an English source before jumping to any conclusions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Darth Wagtaros

We need Lusti to go over there and kick some ass.
PDH!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Richard Hakluyt

Perhaps a reminder to Saudi Arabia that Iran can throttle their trade if they want?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Siege

Bullies man, I tell you.

We need to teach a lesson to Iran. A complete military victory, ensuring the complete destruction of their ability to wage war, would damper their spirits a bit. Humiliation is the only language they understand. Muslim have a tendency to believe their own retoric, as the history of EVERY single muslim country shows.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"