And we're back!

Main Menu

Is the Obama Honeymoon Over?

Started by Faeelin, June 19, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2009, 03:18:16 PM
What do you mean by that post? Are you saying that the gay rights groups are wrong in being disappointed with Obama's record so far?

He said it was ironic the black community is vehemently anti-gay when they themselves were discriminated against.  I said that yes it does seem that being discriminated against yourself doesn't seem to lead to being more accepting of others yourself.  You only have to look at what the Eastern Euros did in your neck of the woods did once they were freed from their respective Empires to see more evidence of that.
Oh sorry, for some reason I misread your post as being in response to mine. :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 19, 2009, 03:06:41 PM
I think the hundreds of thousands my Dad's insurance spent on me were well spent.

Hundreds of thousands of fucking dollars?  What the fuck did they use to cure your cancer?  Gold and platinum ingots?
Xrays, MRIs, Catscans, three kinds of chemo, a big operation, pain medication, nausea medication, medication to protect me from the chemo, probably 2 months worth of time overnight in the hospital, etc, so when you had it all up it doesn't sound that bad.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 03:03:14 PM
Health Care simply has to be reformed.  Nobody has ever paid more for less in the history of the world than we do for health care.
I think the hundreds of thousands my Dad's insurance spent on me were well spent.
:zipped:

Ed Anger

I thought the thousand+ bucks on my bill for the morphine trigger was a bit over the top. Especially since I didn't press it much, and even when I did the fucking thing didn't work that well.

Just bring in the Percocets. Yummy Percosets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 19, 2009, 03:24:05 PM
Xrays, MRIs, Catscans, three kinds of chemo, a big operation, pain medication, nausea medication, medication to protect me from the chemo, probably 2 months worth of time overnight in the hospital, etc, so when you had it all up it doesn't sound that bad.

Hundreds of thousands to cure one guy of one disease?  And it is not like you are the only dude to get cancer in this country so they have to do something out of the ordinary or experimental.

No wonder we are all going bankrupt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Read recently that average employer-provided family health insurance costs 14K/year.

Martinus

I remember there was a graph in The Economist few months ago comparing health care costs in various Western countries. Germany was the country with the second highest health care costs per capita, after the US.

What was staggering, the US government was paying exactly the same amount of money, per capita, as the highly socialized German government, but then the same amount was paid again by US employers (whereas German ones didn't pay a dime) - effectively, this debunked any myths about the US health care not being socialized- it's just damn expensive.

Habsburg

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
I wouldn't worry.  ABC is giving him a free Healthscare infomercial next week in primetime, which should give him the boost he needs.

People watch network news?  :huh:

Lndhand

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Read recently that average employer-provided family health insurance costs 14K/year.

My monthly bill for health care exceeds $900 without regard to what my employer pays toward the premium charge.  Then I get the pleasure of co-pays.  Today's insurance is more like catastrophic coverage -- you clearly pay for the basic shit in advance.   :lol:
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2009, 03:32:59 PM

Wow.

I just changed all our staff over to better extended health and disability coverage.  The health care part was in the hundreds of dollars per employee.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 03:12:51 PM

Hundreds of thousands of fucking dollars?  What the fuck did they use to cure your cancer?  Gold and platinum ingots?
American health care.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

At any rate, Obama's honeymoon with the public is probably over.  His honeymoon with the media is unlikely to end at any point.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 03:03:14 PM
Health Care simply has to be reformed.  Nobody has ever paid more for less in the history of the world than we do for health care.

I disagree, especially when we can get the same thing by going to MSNBC.com instead.  Fucking retard.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2009, 03:18:16 PMAre you saying that the gay rights groups are wrong in being disappointed with Obama's record so far?

Yes.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habsburg on June 19, 2009, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
I wouldn't worry.  ABC is giving him a free Healthscare infomercial next week in primetime, which should give him the boost he needs.

People watch network news?  :huh:
:lol: