News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teacher killed with crossbow in Barcelona

Started by Syt, April 20, 2015, 05:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/20/teacher-killed-in-school-crossbow-attack-in-barcelona

German media say the suspect is a 13 year old student.

QuoteTeacher killed in school crossbow attack in Barcelona

Police have a suspect in custody after incident left staff member dead and four injured

A teacher has been killed and four others wounded during an attack at a secondary school in Barcelona.

Police arrested a suspect after the incident at Instituto Joan Foster.

A police spokesman said it appeared the attacker had used a crossbow, although this has yet to be confirmed.

He could not confirm media reports that the killer was a pupil.

The attack took place in the Sant Andreu neighbourhood of the city.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Syt

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/boy-shoots-teacher-dead-with-crossbow-at-school-in-barcelona-10188953.html

QuoteBoy 'shoots teacher dead with crossbow' at school in Barcelona

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in Spain for allegedly shooting a teacher dead with a crossbow at his school.

The unnamed pupil opened fire with the weapon at the Joan Fuster school in Barcelona at around 9.20am local time, sources told El Pais.

At least three students are believed to have been wounded and several ambulances were seen at the entrance this morning.

Witnesses claimed the boy first shot at a languages teacher, who was wounded, then stabbed that teacher's daughter in the leg.

Hearing the screams, another teacher ran into the room and was shot in the abdomen, El Pais reported.

The man was said to be working as a substitute social sciences teacher at the school in the Sant Andreu district of Barcelona.

Police have not confirmed what weapon was used but Spanish national television and numerous media outlets have claimed it was a crossbow.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on April 20, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
Muslim?

Clearly. No good catholic would use a crossbow. Not after the bull of Pope Innocent.

celedhring

I have nothing to do with it, honest.

There was another pretty notorious murder by a juvenile using a crossbow in Barcelona 20 years ago, bizarre.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on April 20, 2015, 09:40:13 AM

There was another pretty notorious murder by a juvenile using a crossbow in Barcelona 20 years ago, bizarre.

Funny that you only deny the latest.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on April 20, 2015, 09:46:43 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 20, 2015, 09:40:13 AM

Funny that you only deny the latest.

They could never prove anything.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2015, 09:20:15 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 20, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
Muslim?

Clearly. No good catholic would use a crossbow. Not after the bull of Pope Innocent.

I don't remember seeing any crossbow-wielding muslim units in Medieval Total War, so can't be them either. Infidel technology and all.

Jaron

LOL May I speak to you after class, Mr. Lannister?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Crossbows don't kill people, people kill people.

Siege

If that teacher had a conceal carry, this would not have happened.

I still say it was a muslim. They are like that.

lustindarkness

I'd like to have a concel carry crossbow.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Siege

Siege