And we're back!

Main Menu

Hitler was worse than Stalin

Started by Syt, April 17, 2015, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2015, 09:14:28 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 17, 2015, 09:05:36 AM
Hitler and Stalin were the same in my book.
They both killed millions of jews.
That it was don't for different reasons makes not difference to the victims.

Eh I would like my chances better as a Jew under Stalin.

Depends.  Get your Mischlinge papers and Hitler treats you like family.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2015, 10:02:02 AM
I am just not very good at remembering who is worth responding to and who isn't. Oh I have tried in the past. I have thought many times 'why do I even talk to Hortlund...er...random poster? Best to just ignore his posts from now on.'

But I forget and do it anyway. And even when I do remember I lack the self discipline.

But, surely, you don't think that Siege and his "I think they are both equally evil because some Jews died there" comment was intended to be taken seriously?

i mean, feel free to respond to Siege' shtick, but you risk ending up sounding as silly as his shtick sounds.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Eh I think he appreciates it in some way.

Besides I just learned a new word: Mischlinge. How very useful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 10:08:12 AM
Depends.  Get your Mischlinge papers and Hitler treats you like family.

Hitler murdered his family?  I thought they died from a series of remarkably unlucky accidents.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

I notice you never come across anybody named Hitler much anymore these days, but I wonder if Germans still name boys Adolf?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2015, 10:39:53 AM
I notice you never come across anybody named Hitler much anymore these days, but I wonder if Germans still name boys Adolf?

I have never heard of one that is for sure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

lustindarkness

It is still used in spanish, Adolfo.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2015, 10:41:32 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2015, 10:39:53 AM

I have never heard of one that is for sure.

They only German named Adolf that I've known personally was born in Styria on the day Fall Gelb was launched. I'm sure that's just a coincidence, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 17, 2015, 11:06:40 AM
It is still used in spanish, Adolfo.

English speakers don't name their boys Jesus either.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 08:49:44 AM
It's kind of nice that he semi-acknowledges Soviet oppression post-WWII but to call it imposing a "model of development" is an interesting choice of words. 

He'll occasionally acknowledge that the Soviet Union did bad things, but he has to immediately follow up by slinging shit at everyone else.

What is stupid is that the facts immediately contradict his comment.

"After the Second World War, we tried to impose on East European countries our model of development and did it by force"

OK, this is certainly true, the USSR used force to impose their political and economic model on Eastern Europe.

"By the way, Americans are behaving in the same manner, trying to impose their model practically worldwide,"

That is clearly false. American might be trying to impose our model worldwide (it isn't really *our* model per se though), but there is one rather key difference. We aren't doing it by force. Liberal capitalism isn't spread, with very, very few exceptions, by T-62s or M-1s rolling into other countries. Rather, it has spread simply by offering a better alternative than the options.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

He would have been more accurate to say that in the past the USSR and the West engaged in a ideological war using proxies.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2015, 11:35:29 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 08:49:44 AM
It's kind of nice that he semi-acknowledges Soviet oppression post-WWII but to call it imposing a "model of development" is an interesting choice of words. 

He'll occasionally acknowledge that the Soviet Union did bad things, but he has to immediately follow up by slinging shit at everyone else.

What is stupid is that the facts immediately contradict his comment.

"After the Second World War, we tried to impose on East European countries our model of development and did it by force"

OK, this is certainly true, the USSR used force to impose their political and economic model on Eastern Europe.

"By the way, Americans are behaving in the same manner, trying to impose their model practically worldwide,"

That is clearly false. American might be trying to impose our model worldwide (it isn't really *our* model per se though), but there is one rather key difference. We aren't doing it by force. Liberal capitalism isn't spread, with very, very few exceptions, by T-62s or M-1s rolling into other countries. Rather, it has spread simply by offering a better alternative than the options.

:yes: Iraq never happened.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Iraq is a good example as why it would be a terrible idea to impose our system on people.