65-Year-Old German Mom of 13 Expecting Again — This Time Quadruplets

Started by jimmy olsen, April 12, 2015, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Now that's just crazily irresponsible.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/65-year-old-german-mom-13-expecting-again-time-quadruplets-n340356

65-Year-Old German Mom of 13 Expecting Again — This Time Quadruplets

By M. Alex Johnson

Annegret Raunigk, an elementary school teacher from Spandau, a western district of Berlin, made the news 10 years ago when she gave birth at age 55 to her 13th child, a daughter, Lelia. That was considered something akin to a miracle, since Raunigk became pregnant naturally and without any fertility treatments.

Her first 12 children — by five men — are ages 22 to 44 (11 of them, in fact, were born in the former East Germany), the Berliner Morgenpost and Bild newspapers reported. Lelia turns just 10 on June 1, and she wanted a sibling closer to her own age, according to the magazine and radio company RTL, which is documenting Raunigk's pregnancy on its current affairs show "Extra."

So Raunigk sought fertility treatments this time.

"So what if I'm 65?" Raunigk told RTL. "Why must one always hew to the obvious clichés? I find that quite exhausting."

But Dr. Holger Stepan, head of obstetrics at the University Hospital of Leipzig, called the pregnancy "an absolute disaster." He told Berliner Morgenpost that it wasn't just Raunigk who's at risk — so are her four fetuses.

Pregnancy so late in life opens the woman to increased susceptibility to high blood pressure, diabetes and other "life-threatening conditions," he said.

And if the babies do survive, they will almost certainly be premature, said Stepan, who said they could be at risk for cerebral hemorrhages, infections and lung damage.

But so far, doctors said, the pregnancy is proceeding without major complications, with delivery expected in the summer.

"I have enough experience with this," Raunigk told RTL, according to Berliner Morgenpost. "To me, this is nothing new."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Stupid.

She had to go abroad for this. I wonder which other country has rules lax enough for this to be allowed.

Archy

I think Italy. In the nineties there once was a debating program on Belgian television with an Italian doctor who artificially insemintaed a 60y o. he got so angry in the debate he just left and only a chair was to be seen in the direct link from Rome.

Valmy

Is it really irresponsible for patriots to want to help Germany's birth rate?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2015, 07:18:58 AM
Is it really irresponsible for patriots to want to help Germany's birth child mortality rate?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on April 13, 2015, 01:09:14 AM
Stupid.

She had to go abroad for this. I wonder which other country has rules lax enough for this to be allowed.

I guess a woman's right to choose is a one way street in Germany.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2015, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: Zanza on April 13, 2015, 01:09:14 AM
Stupid.

I guess a woman's right to choose is a one way street in Germany.
Any ethical doctor would have refused to do this procedure.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point