News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls Online - Can Anyone Recommend It?

Started by Martinus, April 11, 2015, 01:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I didn't try this out the first time it came out but I recently read a review a year in and allegedly the game has greatly improved.

I am getting slightly bored with WoW and would like to try something different for a while - and this seems like a good fit (I want to wait with going back to GW2 until the expansion comes out; and I didn't like SWOTOR).

So anyone playing it?

The Brain

No. The complete disaster it was around launch makes me not want to touch it again. Even greatly improved it could still suck ass.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Complete disaster? I just recall it being dull.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

It's apparently an average MMO that has nothing to do with Elder Scrolls.

Caliga

Princesca played it for about a month and got bored and quit.  She said it was "okay" but not really compelling in the way that the other Elder Scrolls games are.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

chipwich

It has some terrible quality of life issues particularly with grouping and mail but I prefer the limited hotbar.

They also dont have separate servers which is a huge boon for keeping the world alive.

chipwich

What I should say is: What are you looking for from ESo?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: chipwich on April 13, 2015, 02:56:01 AM
It has some terrible quality of life issues particularly with grouping and mail but I prefer the limited hotbar.

They also dont have separate servers which is a huge boon for keeping the world alive.

Is it instanced or is their player count just that low?
Experience bij!

chipwich

Its a bit murky, look up the "megaserver" its not like GW1. They even clear enemies form some areas where you've completed a quest.

Populaions were low this winter but it has gotten much better since buy-to-play.

crazy canuck

Is it like what WoW has become where player skill has become much less important than gear?  I ask this because you mentioned the limited hotbar.  That seems to imply that everyone in a given class is hitting the same buttons and the main thing that dictates a good result is gear.

chipwich

No, you build your hotbar from several dozen choices, like DCUO or Guild Wars.

crazy canuck

Quote from: chipwich on May 25, 2015, 01:18:03 PM
No, you build your hotbar from several dozen choices, like DCUO or Guild Wars.

ok, that does sound better.

Norgy

It just isn't that fun. Looks kind of good, though. I tired quickly, it's a typical MMO.
And sort of breaks with previous lore of the TES universe (which was thin at best before).