News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Valmy's ADHD Dragon Age playthrough

Started by Valmy, April 10, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2015, 11:42:13 PM
Oh you haven't played it. Try to play it before I do so you will not be spoiled :P

I will go gaga for this DLC if it includes Kal-Sharok but even having it Orzammar style where it is just a few hallways seems a bit much to ask for. I will slightly approve :P if it just includes Kal-Sharok dwarves.
I wish we could visit Kal-Sharok, but if, as I suspect, we enter the Deep Roads from the Hinterlands, it's a little too far, imho.  It is located due north of the Western approach, so you need to cross all of Orlais underground.  Given that many parts of the Deep Roads were collapsed, I doubt you can travel that far underground.  But what do I know?  It isn't out yet, so I'll play later.  Maybe try that post game thing if it works.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Ok, you can play post-ending, with all of your favority friends.  The game simply assumes you have not yet done the final mission.

Jaws of Hakkon at -5$ rebate, so I picked it up this week-end, just started.

You got a few more dialogue options with Harding and some silly lines between her and Iron Bull if he's there.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Do you want a free tip?  Don't attempt this at level 20 :P
I'm at 25 and I'm struggling with the regular foes of JoH.

Valmy

Good to know  :ph34r:

It seems I am about to go into two new zones that start with E after a truly wonderful night in Orlais. Actually curse the fetch quests they give you right at the beginning of that section since it made me a nervous wreck trying to find everything the whole time. But besides that I think I did very well I got a result that was...satisfying I guess.

But what I was trying to say is it seems I have alot of zones left to explore so hopefully I can be that level by the time I do Jaws. But they let you do this DLC right after you get the Skyhold so maybe it just levels up with you.

In the mean time I figured out if you flip the 'hide Inquisition' switch on the Keep it updates everything when you switch it back. So that was cool. So here is the Keep so far.

Lothar became an assassin, destined for a lucrative career in Tevinter working for Dorian.

The Grey Wardens were allowed to stay in Orlais and rebuild while allied to the Inquisition versus being exiled as Solas had wet dreams about.

Loghain was left to enjoy the wonders of being physically in the fade to deal with a huge nightmare demon. Eh he has survived worse.

Lothar declared for defeating Corypheus thus focusing the Inquisition on himself rather than principles of law or faith.

Lothar rescued the troops from the goat throwing barbarians in the Fallow Mire

Lothar helped the refugees in the Hinterlands, which is good since he has spent an absurd amount of time there.

Lothar got those crazy cultists to be loyal to him after he closed that rift they saw as evidence of the Makers displeasure or whatever.

Lothar found that poor Magister in the Shrine of Dumat and put him out of his misery after he informed them of Corypheus' plan to enslave Calpernia. Leliana was enraged.

Lothar closed that rift in Crestwood at the bottom of the lake thus stopping the eternal night and rainstorm that hung over it...oh and stopped the zombie army.

Lothar captured the fortress by the dam from the local highwaymen.

Lothar took Griffon Wing Keep from the Venatori though I fail to recall a giant purple spike coming out of it.

It seems the Inquisition forces were deployed to an extent that impressed Dragon Age Keep.

Lothar's great rival was Calpernia since he favored the Templars.

Lothar told Cullen to go cold turkey on his Lyrium habit.

Lothar engaged in an absurdly long tedious quest to ennoble some people he had never met to help the lovely Josephine. I hope they appreciated it.

Cassandra got the Big Book of Seeker Secrets from the pitifully wimpy Lord Seeker Lucius.

Cole was driven to attempted murder in a fit of irrational rage thus securing his humanity.

Harmond was allowed to live and serve the Inquisition after his little trap for Sera ended up catching the Inquisitor. Whoops.

Varric's lady love is the one who accidentally unleashed Red Lyrium on the world.

Dorian and his dad reconciled after his dad expressed regret at his attempt to blood magic the gay away.

Cassandra decided to rebuild the Seekers after Lothar gushed how great she was. Oh how I wish I could say this was the last time Lothar's personal feelings interfered with the future of the Chantry in Thedas.

So wow not only was that Orlesian party quite a thing but then lots of stuff happens right after that. This game would have been a great villain origin story of Darth Leliana. It is actually kind of believable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Also, with Sera, there is a bug, still unfixed after 9 patches.
She has an option that can give you 1 extra potion slot.  But it's resetted everytime you use fast travel.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 10, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
Also, with Sera, there is a bug, still unfixed after 9 patches.
She has an option that can give you 1 extra potion slot.  But it's resetted everytime you use fast travel.

Ah I was wondering where that went.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 11, 2015, 01:35:34 PM
the new DLC is out.

I noticed. It will be interesting to see what happens when I install it.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 01:46:31 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 11, 2015, 01:35:34 PM
the new DLC is out.

I noticed. It will be interesting to see what happens when I install it.
Your world will go dark.  All lights will be extinguished.

Then, your wife will likely Gibbs-smack you and tell you to bathe the kids ;)

Valmy

viper37

When you decide to do Jaws of Hakkon, at some point, you will be required to visit an island.  The only way to travel back and forth is with a boat.

Come prepared.  :ph34r:

Valmy

The fancy uniforms from the Orlais party kind of makes them look like British Admirals...that should be good preparation for sailing a boat.

Martinus

Man, I am so going to play Dragon Age Inquisition when I am done with Witcher 3.

It helps that the chief writer for DAI is a GHEY.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2015, 02:56:20 AM
Man, I am so going to play Dragon Age Inquisition when I am done with Witcher 3.

Finding that out made all those times he was called out for being a homophobic monster on the Bioware boards back in the day all the more amusing. Gaider is a very good writer in any case.

Oh and viper the DLC does NOT take place in the Hinterlands but on the Storm Coast. I know. I was sure everything happened in the Hinterlands so it was a good guess. Still far from Kal-Sharok though  :(

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2015, 02:56:20 AM

Yean.  DAI almost feels like it's trolling.  The most powerful person in the world is a woman in a lesbian interracial relationship and, well, more than half of the protagonists are not-straight. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."