News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gay/French/Catholic singularity megathread

Started by Martinus, April 09, 2015, 02:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteFrance is sending a gay ambassador to Vatican City

The Holy See is to receive its first ever openly gay ambassador in the form of France's Laurent Stefanini and not everybody's sure they're too thrilled about that

The smallest country in Europe and its only remaining absolute monarchy is about to get its first ever openly gay ambassador from another country.

Vatican City, home of the Holy See and headquarters of the global Catholic Church, is only 44 hectares (110 acres), and with a population of 842 is the smallest internationally recognized independent state in the world by both area and population.

Many countries which have large numbers of Catholics have diplomatic relations with it and to facilitate that they send ambassadors to the Vatican City State like they would any other country and France needs to fill a vacancy at it's Villa Bonaparte embassy in the Vatican.

France's Council of Ministers approved openly gay Laurent Stefanini to take over the role on 5 January but the position has been vacant since the departure of his predecessor Bruno Jouvert on 1 March leading many to wonder whether the hold up might be disapproval of Stefanini's appointment from the Vatican itself.

The Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal André Vingt-Trois and the former president of the Bishops' Conference of France have sent a letter to Pope Francis to support the French Government's choice of ambassador.

However according to a report by Swiss based BlastingNews.com, some members of the Roman Curia believe Stefanini's appointment is a provocation by the French Government and the president of French anti-gay marriage group Manif Por Tous, Ludovine LaRochere, has contacted the Apostolic Nuncio in Paris to object to his appointment.

A gay man in Vatican? Unthinkable!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2015, 07:46:45 AM
Yes but is he a catholic?
Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2015, 07:46:45 AM
Yes but is he a catholic?
Yes, but he is not confirmed as ambassador, despite being #2 there for a few years:
French text

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I do wonder how it is being a practicing catholic and gay.  Having sex with another man is a sin, so he either refrains from sex or he seeks confession on a regulard basis.  Or he is untrue to his Faith.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

alfred russel

Quote from: viper37 on April 09, 2015, 03:29:48 PM
I do wonder how it is being a practicing catholic and gay.  Having sex with another man is a sin, so he either refrains from sex or he seeks confession on a regulard basis.  Or he is untrue to his Faith.

I suppose it is like being one of the other 99% of catholics that violate all sorts of rules on a regular basis, and then skip confession.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Not unlike a straight practicing catholic in France.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Grouping gays, Catholics, and the French in with the Singularity is really going to piss Siege off, you know. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

I suppose it is like being one of the other 99% of catholics that violate all sorts of rules on a regular basis, and then skip confession.

Yep. I mean this country was using birth control long before it was cool.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2015, 03:41:13 PM
Grouping gays, Catholics, and the French in with the Singularity is really going to piss Siege off, you know. :ph34r:

:lol:

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 09, 2015, 03:28:42 PM

Yes, but he is not confirmed as ambassador, despite being #2 there for a few years:

Well then I don't see why the Vatican is complaining then.

Siege

What the fuck is going on here!!!

Didn't we agree to accurately name threads to save fuckin time?
What the fuck has a Gay, a French, and a Catholic have in commun with the fuckin Singularity?

Fuck man, I fuckin promised myself that I was going to fuckin stop cursin in Languish, and look at the clusterfuck I have found.
Please name threads properly.
And stop using the fuckin singularity for EVERYTHING.
Fuck man, educate yourself in what the Singularity is.
Its not that fuckin hard!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

I'm used to Quebec were most people don't practice their religion.  I guess it's different elsewhere.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Siege on April 09, 2015, 07:38:11 PM

What the fuck has a Gay, a French, and a Catholic have in commun with the fuckin Singularity?

Fuck man, I fuckin promised myself that I was going to fuckin stop cursin in Languish, and look at the clusterfuck I have found.

Lighten up Francis
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2015, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2015, 03:41:13 PM

:lol:

Well I knew Siege was not Catholic or French. Didn't know he was gay. Learn something new everyday.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on April 09, 2015, 07:38:11 PM

Are you mad that they lumped you in with the Catholics and French?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".