France bans super-skinny models in anorexia clampdown

Started by jimmy olsen, April 05, 2015, 06:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2015, 02:13:15 PM
as is chip shop haggis :mmm:
I am generally not a big fan of innards. I don't like most meat with bones either. I guess I'll be an early adopter of that lab grown artificial meat. That's just my kind of product. No ethic qualms and none of the nastier bits of living animals.  :blush:

Malthus

It's a wonderful experience, as is chip shop haggis :mmm:

When I was going to high school, there was a local chip shop called "The Frying Scotsman" that served, among other things, haggis and deep-fried mars bars. I never tried either, but they were on the menu.

The odd thing about that place is that it was owned and run by a Chinese gentleman. If the "Scotsman" wasn't doing the frying ...  :huh: :yuk:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on April 07, 2015, 02:44:17 PM
I am generally not a big fan of innards. I don't like most meat with bones either. I guess I'll be an early adopter of that lab grown artificial meat. That's just my kind of product. No ethic qualms and none of the nastier bits of living animals.  :blush:
I've yet to meet a person, whatever their fears beforehand, who has not enjoyed haggis. It's basically a peppery sausage :)

As to the rest you sound a lot like my mum actually.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Is haggis like blood sausage? Because I love it (at least the Polish version). Fried in butter with onions it is delicious.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2015, 02:54:41 PM

Your mum must be a total badass.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on April 07, 2015, 03:00:00 PM
Is haggis like blood sausage? Because I love it (at least the Polish version). Fried in butter with onions it is delicious.
Similar. But different in crucial ways. But I'm the same, I've yet to find a blood sausage I don't like: black pudding, boudin noir, morcilla :mmm:

White pudding is also marvellous.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

You should check out "kaszanka" (maybe spelled "kashanka" or some such in the UK) in one of the Polish shops. :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Sheilbh

My main obsessions from Polish shops and cafes are pierogi and Marlenka cake :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2015, 03:14:45 PM
My main obsessions from Polish shops and cafes are pierogi and Marlenka cake :blush:

Hmm, not sure I ever heard the name "Marlenka" before. What is it like?

Oh I just googled it. I didn't know it was called that. I didn't even know it was Polish! :P

You should try makowiec. :P

Martinus

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2015, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: Zanza on April 07, 2015, 02:44:17 PM
I've yet to meet a person, whatever their fears beforehand, who has not enjoyed haggis. It's basically a peppery sausage :)

Indeed - ordered haggis in a pub in Edinburgh was some apprehension, but it really just was like a sausage meat.

I also tried eating blood sausage as part of a "full scottish" breakfast, and that wasn't nearly as enjoyable.  :yucky:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.