Baseball 2014-15: The Hot Stove Top Stuffing Season

Started by CountDeMoney, December 01, 2014, 09:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

'My good fellow which of you gentlemen will be pitching forth the baseball today?'

'Go fuck yourself'

*gasps* *women fainting*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

And . . . the Red Sox nab Yoan Moncada for pretty reasonable money. 

Steinbrenner Elder could be a real SOB but he had one saving grace - he put the $$ back into the team, he cared about winning above all else and put his money where his (sizable) mouth was
The whole point of being the Yankees is that when an opportunity like this comes, you can outbid.  And to let him go the RED SOX of all teams, I don't see how the Steinbrenner kinder can look their dad's plaque in eye. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Red Sox projected #1 in the East, Yankess projected last! :menace:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

If someone had their dad's plaque in their eye, I couldn't look, either.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!